The forums are dead, and we gotta fix this!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
I mean, Daft is the only one who has control of the servers in general so none of us can really deal with that. As for the recent licensing spree that companies have been going on, would it help with providing more anime to this site both old and new that are unlicensed? There are numerous titles from the late 90s to the early 2000s that still remain unlicensed and I'm curious if members would be interested in seeing more of those?

Don't forget the 80s. When talking about anime, no one forgets the 80s. I'm not sure though as to whether or not the "animu of old" would appeal to the younger generation/today's crowd. What FTV could do is help promote them, well at least the unlicensed ones. Sort of like a "look to the past" segment.

Anyway I'm going to stop posting here now since even though I've got ideas, I'm not responsible enough to see them through which kinda leaves a bad aftertaste.

QUOTE (NeoScott @ Aug 22 2010, 07:32 AM) Chat box?
The chat box idea was raised a while ago, but never got taken up since it was pretty much unaminous amongst most of the senior members here that it wouldnt be good since there wasnt a way you could manage it properly so it would lead to: SPAM, Swearing, Flames, or linking stuff which goes against the general rules, and as far as im aware the stance on the matter hasnt changed. If it has someone please enlighten me. lol

Personaly pre 2000s stuff would be a welcome addition, i mean in my anime exile, i generaly dislike the modern stuff (dont want to go offtopic as to why), but a few months ago, i started watching anime again and for the most part stuck to anime pre 2005, and was really enjoying anime again, i re-watched a few of the old animes i have downloaded: Golden Boy (even to this day after watching it coutnless times its still hillarious), Combustable Campus Gaurdress, D4 Princess, Sexy Commando to name a few and its been like a breath of fresh air, and at the very least hosting older stuff has got generate abit fo traffic since most sites as far as im aware just host the new stuff, so it should at the least get more people coming, which no matter how you look at it, is a good thing, and if they are unlisecned the more the better
biggrin.gif

Really though I come to FTV pretty much to see peoples discussions of current anime or anime that has finished. It's always refreshing to hear other peoples views and what not. I think more people should become members and for everyone who already is a member try to post more often.

QUOTE (Hiasubi @ Aug 22 2010, 08:24 AM) The chat box idea was raised a while ago, but never got taken up since it was pretty much unaminous amongst most of the senior members here that it wouldnt be good since there wasnt a way you could manage it properly so it would lead to: SPAM, Swearing, Flames, or linking stuff which goes against the general rules, and as far as im aware the stance on the matter hasnt changed. If it has someone please enlighten me. lol
Yeah, I was the one who brought it up. Forums are nice social tools, but you don't really need to check them more then a few times a day, a chat box of sorts would be idea for casual conversion, which is one of the things this site lack. I'll also once again suggest the alternative, a thread where general nothing could be said at any time. Shouldn't count to post count, Does need to be monitored, but it wont need anymore monitoring then any other thread does. Chances are our mods are going to be talking in that thread anyways. Place it in level 2.

The chat box would require a large group of moderators, but they would just need to be super users, old users the owners can trust to fallow the rules. The users only need the power to delete lines of text. Another site I visit does a chat box pretty well. Chatango is the system they use, a few mods to clear out Spam. There no reason this can't work out. we just need to plan and work it out.

I don't see a reason why this can't work, past trends have shown positive results with a descent community, which we have.

Dam I recently visited Anime Suki forums and I have to say they are in pretty good condition. Wonder why the hell its working for them.

I'm not sure if this would bolster activity within the forums but here's one for attracting new visitors to the site. How about implementing Facebook connect to coexist with the current user accounts table on the forum database? I think that for many browsers registration is a pain and so they may just lurk around without posting.

Also the enormous popularity and command that social platforms like Facebook and Twitter have on the internet is something that should also be leveraged. Even just implementing a share this bar linking particular pages on the site (eg the Series pages) to make the communities visibility more widespread.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back