Tales of Symphonia OVA

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

MKK2004

-ecchi
Retired
http://www.ova-tos.com/

11510039475918sc.jpg

If you played it on Gamecube or played the Japanese PS2 version, this is a must see! My fav. Tales serie, awesome characters and Opening video.

omg I seen the OP theme for the game. damn america cannot make a ps2 version of this >-<!!!

I love the tales series. though I think so far my favorite still is tales of destiny 2 aka tales of eternia. one of the greatest story lines and the fighting style there was the best.

I would probably love symphonia if I actually had the game though I doubt I will buy a game cube for this.

My favorite was Tales of Phantasia. It has such an advanced system for being an SNES game.

QUOTE (zenzetra @ Jun 22 2006, 08:22 PM) My favorite was Tales of Phantasia. It has such an advanced system for being an SNES game.
have yet to play it so I might dl it. the ones I played so far is tales of destiny, tales of destiny 2/eternia, and tales of legendia - damn legendia is long!!!

only problem is legendia seems a bit bland other than the story line. I mean the battle system is ok, added "throws" which is a bit cool, but it got to repeatitive.

I like eternia cause you can actually "reserve" or put on stand by your summon and chain it in a combo. also everyone has some "hidden" technique which is cool except you have to meet certain requirement. only bad thing but everything was just about perfect for my taste.

I wish I can play symphonia since it is 3d. boo, again damn america can't translate and english ps2 version. >-< shouldn't be that hard!!!

I cant wait for the symphonia ova. I loved symphonia so i hope they do it justice.

My fav is prov phantasia, it was a damn good game, especially for being a snes game. The batte system rocks.

I really like symphonia, I actually like pretty much any game from the tales series. Hopefully this series will be more satisfying than the Tales of Phntasia and Eternia animations. And hopefully it'll be longer too. that way there'll be enough time for the whole story rather than just part of it.

I'm actually in the middle of the gba phantasia remake, and its a fairly good game. I gotta laugh though. There's a part in the game where you hear about ancient battle called "kangaroo." Apparantly someone mistranslated "ragnarok."

When I first heard about this, it piqued my interest. Then again, I've heard this isn't the first tales OVA, but none of the others were good. The game was good, so I'm hoping for the best.

If you have the patience you could wait for Wii to come out and play it on that.

heard about the news on ANN a couple days ago and finally it is coming. After 3 years of waiting and the first announcement, it will finally happen. Let's just hope it doesn't get licensed like phantasia or eternia (currently unlicensed again though). Anyways, yeah the plot was awesome and the battle animation was one of the best out of all the tales games. I can't wait to see it! The only exception game is tales of the abyss, which seems a lot better, even though i've only seen a lot of japanese trailers and recordings (can't wait till that comes out this year in us).

omg I seen the OP theme for the game. damn america cannot make a ps2 version of this >-<!!!

I love the tales series. though I think so far my favorite still is tales of destiny 2 aka tales of eternia. one of the greatest story lines and the fighting style there was the best.

I would probably love symphonia if I actually had the game though I doubt I will buy a game cube for this.

Although i haven't played the ps2 version, i heard it was much better than both gamecube versions, esp the fact that namco fixed the bugs in the games (ie eternal sword glitch, tech glitch, etc...), made a lot of the enemies harder such as abyssion and the tales trio, the addition of the kratos, mithos, and yuan trio in the underworld sidequest instead of undead armor, and the addition of even more hidden techs. aww man everytime i think about it i want that version more. Well gotta wait till the ps3 comes out, and then im off on to a shopping spree for international games
laugh.gif
The only thing u may not like about symphonia (don't know if it occurs it legendia and pretty sure it doesn't occur in abyss) is symphonia follows the phantasia, eternia, destiny/II linear motion style, meaning although the game and battle motion is 3D, it is almost impossible to move vertically, esp when playing multiplayer. You would have to push against the edge of the battefield and slowly move your way across sometimes. It really bugs me that namco kept that battle style in this game.

i'm on 137h of tales of symphonia playing time, and this time i won't finish the game before i get everything!! the previous times i played out the game i missed most sidequests and only played in normal level, this time i'm on hard and looking for everything
smile.gif
damn, this game is sweet..

let's hope the OVAs are good then! i don't want this game's good name to be tainted
wink.gif

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jun 22 2006, 11:59 PM) heard about the news on ANN a couple days ago and finally it is coming. After 3 years of waiting and the first announcement, it will finally happen. Let's just hope it doesn't get licensed like phantasia or eternia (currently unlicensed again though). Anyways, yeah the plot was awesome and the battle animation was one of the best out of all the tales games. I can't wait to see it! The only exception game is tales of the abyss, which seems a lot better, even though i've only seen a lot of japanese trailers and recordings (can't wait till that comes out this year in us).

Although i haven't played the ps2 version, i heard it was much better than both gamecube versions, esp the fact that namco fixed the bugs in the games (ie eternal sword glitch, tech glitch, etc...), made a lot of the enemies harder such as abyssion and the tales trio, the addition of the kratos, mithos, and yuan trio in the underworld sidequest instead of undead armor, and the addition of even more hidden techs. aww man everytime i think about it i want that version more. Well gotta wait till the ps3 comes out, and then im off on to a shopping spree for international games
laugh.gif
The only thing u may not like about symphonia (don't know if it occurs it legendia and pretty sure it doesn't occur in abyss) is symphonia follows the phantasia, eternia, destiny/II linear motion style, meaning although the game and battle motion is 3D, it is almost impossible to move vertically, esp when playing multiplayer. You would have to push against the edge of the battefield and slowly move your way across sometimes. It really bugs me that namco kept that battle style in this game.
wait wait even though it is 3d you can't completely control freely on how you move? I dunno but the way you describe it sounds like any other tales series but 3d which sounds crap if you can't move as freely as it should be.

the battle system is ok for most of the tales series but they should've done something like eternia where you have hidden moves that must meet certain requirements and I love the stand by summon where you can ezily chain it into a combo.

regardless I have to play symphonia before commenting about it, though any word when abyss is coming out?

also to my knowledge for america has only release these games:tales of phantasia, tales of destiny 2 aka eternia, tales of symphonia, tales of legendia only?

cause I know there is tales of phantasia, tales of destiny 1 ps version, tales of destiny 2 aka eternia, tales of destiny 1 ps2 version, tales of destiny 2 ps2 version, tales of symphonia, tales of legendia, and tales of abyss.

I don't know the japanese version of ps2 destiny 1 or 2, but I know there is a ps1 and ps2 version of destiny 1 and 2.

Movement during battle is more like 2.5D. You select a target and you can move forward and away from that target, but not side to side. It's 3D though in that the enemies are not on the same plane. It's somewhat limiting, but there aren't many situations where you need to move side to side.

I would hardly call the PS2 version a "major" improvement. The glitches didnt ruin the game, they were just opportunities to cheat that you can choose not to use(i never used them). Even if you did use them, it didn't make the game easier. The secret techs were cool (i especially like idignation judgment), and I'm curious about the others, but secret techs are so rare that it hardly matters. However they did fix the camera in multiplayer for PS2. On Gamecube the camera follows the first player in battle, and sometimes other players won't even be on screen.

I was just happy to have a good RPG for the cube. As strange as it sounds, i like RPGs, but I don't own a PS2.

QUOTE (sk7 @ Jun 23 2006, 12:30 PM) Movement during battle is more like 2.5D. You select a target and you can move forward and away from that target, but not side to side. It's 3D though in that the enemies are not on the same plane. It's somewhat limiting, but there aren't many situations where you need to move side to side.

I would hardly call the PS2 version a "major" improvement. The glitches didnt ruin the game, they were just opportunities to cheat that you can choose not to use(i never used them). Even if you did use them, it didn't make the game easier. The secret techs were cool (i especially like idignation judgment), and I'm curious about the others, but secret techs are so rare that it hardly matters. However they did fix the camera in multiplayer for PS2. On Gamecube the camera follows the first player in battle, and sometimes other players won't even be on screen.

I was just happy to have a good RPG for the cube. As strange as it sounds, i like RPGs, but I don't own a PS2.
well the addition of more secret techs (aka hi-ougis) such as kratos' shining bind, zelos's 2 hi-ougis: 1) divine/angel judgement and 2) shining bind, Presea's Hien messhoujin and Reppa Enshougeki, Sheena's maxwell summon now has grey bar going across the screen that shows her face and all after the summon goes off, regal's garen zesshuugeki, Raine's fairy circle and sacred shine were all nice since now everyone has at least one.*

*note some may not necessarily be hi-ougis but the character's strongest move instead, i was only reading a list off a site saying who had what hi-ougis according to how he/she counted them.

Also the addition of enemy hi-ougis was nice such as mithos's shining bind, Abyssion's hi-ougis (here's a list of them: falcon's crest, indignation judgment, shining bind, divine judgment, and time stop), and botta's and magnius's hi-ougis (don't know wut they are).

I also agree with sk7 on how the ps2 showed everyone in multiplayer since that annoyed a lot of my friends when they were playing because they couldn't see. The tech glitch was fun and cheap at the same time, because then lloyd, genis, and presea were the best characters in the game (then again, presea was still the best overall
tongue.gif
)

@darkdog: ur not the only one, i haven't beaten my own game even once, cuz im trying to get 8000! grade to transfer everything i want into my mania mode game. btw normal was crap and so is hard. I beat my friends game so fast at level 30 and it wasn't even funny. mania, on the other hand, also while playing my friends file is quite a challenge though even with transfering over everything because enemies have 2x hp than on normal, plus a lot and i mean a lot smarter.

hard isn't sounding like crap to me... it meant a lot -- and i mean a LOT -- of levelling up on various parts of the game, and occasionally i still get close to being beaten against some enemies. but i'm a wreckless player, i just love making huge combos not caring about defending, most of the time
wink.gif

i almost never issue orders (only "all out" on bosses and "guard" when they're on over-limit), and i'm finally starting to order the rest of the team to use the techs i want them to use
smile.gif

sk7, the camera issue is the only one that affects me -- gamecube TOS could be a really good multiplayer game if that didn't happen!

well im goin through hard mode palyig a Sheena instead of Llyod and its very hard but at the same time fun, theres nothing better than fighting a powerful bos then summoning Udine to attack

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back