Streaming Test: Ah My Goddess - Season 2!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
[dohtml]<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://kanna.fansub.tv/streamer.swf?file=[AonE-AnY]_Ah_My_Goddess_-_Sorezore_no_Tsubasa_-_Promo_[C933EEAC].flv&autoStart=false" width="704" height="416" wmode="transparent">
<param name="movie" value="http://kanna.fansub.tv/streamer.swf?file=[AonE-AnY]_Ah_My_Goddess_-_Sorezore_no_Tsubasa_-_Promo_[C933EEAC].flv&autoStart=false" />
<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
</object>[/dohtml]

Daft27

Daft27

Retired Founder of Fansub.TV
What was that test from anyway? I remember those circles, which at least was seen in FSN, but well, could be any other serie too for all I know... haven't seen too much of it yet...
dry.gif

seen the promo ie dl'ed it. the streaming sucks a bit cause the quality and it got cut off when etna was it was about the use her servants as missles.

one word WOW!

But won't that slow down the new server to stream like that for everyone coming to the first page??

And what about the people on dial-up? I am just a bit worried it might make the site un-appealing to them.

Thats tight keep up the good work man maybe at the end of the week you can put up a promo of the most downloaded anime on the site. Good Job.

Mmmh I was surprised when I saw this .. Isnt a streaming video a huge mass of traffic ?

And my comp gets really slow when I have the fansub.tv mainpage active. (When I dont make the video stop)

Even if it didn't waste any bandwidth at all, I still don't like the feature. Nor do I see the need for it in the first place. The screen-grabs do a fantastic job of giving people an idea of what an anime is like, there's no need for a stream of the video. If anything, the stream just reminds me of the annoying movie ads on websites that play themselves in a mini screen.

It's nice to see effort being placed into improving the site, but I think the effort would be best used elsewhere.

(and if the feature does take up bandwidth and server resources that would otherwise be used for downloads...then a big NO vote from me to the feature)

Then again, I'm really grateful for the service fansub.tv and their staff are offering, so if they like it, then that's fine with me too since it's your (the staff's) opinion that matters most.

Edit: BTW, if this feature is going to be kept (for some insane reason), then *please, please* make it be PAUSED on default beceause I now realised how annoying it after the first few times it plays by itself. I now mute the computer when visiting the site lol. (This is particularly bothersome for those of us who visit the site frequently just to click on the ads every now and then)

I have to agree, while I think it's great to get an idea of the series, there needs to be some sort of pause/mute because it's highly annoying to have music playing, and the streaming starts playing ontop (with no way to stop it).

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Feb 28 2006, 09:30 AM) I have to agree, while I think it's great to get an idea of the series, there needs to be some sort of pause/mute because it's highly annoying to have music playing, and the streaming starts playing ontop (with no way to stop it).
The pause button is on the bottom left hand corner, and the mute button is on the bottom right hand corner.
wink.gif

(I really wish it were paused on default though)

QUOTE (appleclub @ Feb 28 2006, 10:19 AM) (and if the feature does take up bandwidth and server resources that would otherwise be used for downloads...then a big NO vote from me to the feature)
The web server is not the same as the one for the download of episode. So its not really an issue in this case.

QUOTE (Bold @ Feb 28 2006, 10:20 AM) The web server is not the same as the one for the download of episode. So its not really an issue in this case.
Well if that's the case, then all they need to do is make it paused on default and I'll be just as happy with the site's layout as before since I won't need to remember to set the computer to mute everytime I visit the site to click on ads.

(somebody probably also ought to rotate the video at least once a day since it gets boring by the second visit)

If they make the above changes, then it'll be a fine new feature added, and I won't need to remember to hit mute every time before I visit the site~
smile.gif

QUOTE (appleclub @ Feb 28 2006, 02:47 PM) If they make the above changes, then it'll be a fine new feature added, and I won't need to remember to hit mute every time before I visit the site~
smile.gif

I agree that behind paused seems like a good solution. That way you don't have to worry about the sound if you visit FTV on your laptop from a library
wink.gif
and it won't bother the dial up users.

Maybe putting that in a preference tied to the username. That way every member can decide if they want it to run automaticly. As for non members, it would be paused be default as to not "scare" anyone away.

As for ratating the clip, it would be great, but keep in mind this is just a test Daft is making
wink.gif

I like it, and streaming video may be big on bandwidth, but this isnt so bad, its flash format as far as i can see, and Flash compression is teh nice
tongue.gif
Lookin good... Just starting it paused might be nice... a little stop(); at the start of the flash file should do it
tongue.gif

it did scare the hell out of me , the movie screen hadn`t loaded yet wheni scrolled down , and the the music started playing , scared the F out of me

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back