StarCraft

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark-Casper

-ALS
Retired
After a successful start in Desktop I want to know who plays StarCraft: broodwar??
Im hardcore Lost Temple

I havent played starcraft in a long time and I never played it ovber the internet. My connection wasnt good enough back then.
wink.gif

this brings back memories ^__^ that game was a total success in network cafes over here while i was studying. students would duke it out all afternoon, especially when BW came out (love those Lurkers). played a bit too but not really in networks (i sucked). i did beat my friend once with Dark Templars in under 10mins ^___^ my only victory

i only played it online once or something like that.. and it was against a friend of mine (who is completely crazy about SC)! he was trying to get me into online games, but i don't like them too much, i'd lose too easily
smile.gif
i've seen the way he plays, and i'm nowhere near that..

i happily play against the cpu on custom battles though
tongue.gif

/jp

i used to play this but it was telephone connection with a friend. like TNT's, my connection wasn't that fast back then so i can't use internet. my fav is protoss.

I was always a fan of the Terrans. I've only played Warcraft online, though.

~ SP

i don't even have a fav race... i usually play with the terrans, but i love most of the protoss units as well
smile.gif

what i hate the most: playing against terrans. the nuke warnings drive me crazy. completely. and i suck at nuking people, so i just bild a dozen cruisers and blow everything uo, little by little!

/jp

played it online for years - i've always been on the sucky side though... i can fend off a zergling rush with all races, however, i'm usually too slow afterwards. but then again; depends on the matchup. i'm not too good with the rather big amount of zerg units and they die too quickly for proper micro management - or i'm too slow. i usually play marines&medics(&sience vessels) vs zerg or tanks&vultures(&vessels) vs toss. the shuttle is probably my favourite unit.
but nothing beats team melee. too bad the replays don't work with that game mode =(

TO ALL FTV MEMBERS, i repeat, TO ALL FTV MEMBERS!!!! PLEASE RECUIT @ 1200h OR LATER IN CHANNEL FISHY OF STARCRAFT: BROODWAR! (U.S. WEST) XD. it's time to revive this thread and get the game back on!!!

(refers to any members who has Starcraft. If Starcraft: Broodwar is available for you, please use that too.)

QUOTE (hamasusuke @ May 6 2006, 01:04 PM) TO ALL FTV MEMBERS, i repeat, TO ALL FTV MEMBERS!!!! PLEASE RECUIT @ 1200h OR LATER IN CHANNEL FISHY OF STARCRAFT: BROODWAR! XD.
That is 12h00 Pacific time ( GMT-8 )

Oh and one more thing: since we're playing on the West Coast Gateway, remember the following:
1) When you try to sign in Battle.net: U.S. West, it won't let you. You have to sign up with the same username on that gateway. The gateways have different databases, so it won't recognize other usernames (from Asia, Europe, nor U.S. East)

2) Change: Since this is gonna be a group thing, the Channel will be titled: "FTV Members". Please enter that channel instead of going to channel: "fishy"

3) If you plan on going on SC, Add me to your friends list: DisAdvantaged. Also, place your username (or desired name, if you don't have one or your old one got deleted) and post it here so i can find you easier.

you wanna place a bet on that???

Best Defense I've done ever on battle.net: Union Defense XD
Need 2 players for this Defense
1) Place my Sunken Colonies in the Front of an entrance or somewhat.
2) Place Bunkers w/ Marines/Ghosts in each bunker behind the Sunken Colony
3) Place Spore Colonies Behind the rest

and.. there you go. Easy to penetrate through first wall, but hard to continue penetrating it XD

PS! the pacific time is not GMT -7. It is GMT -8. Excuse our mistakes.

wow.. o.o . this thread was made almost exactly one year and a month ago. i dont play starcraft no more since mmorpgs started going big. i liked the voices that the characters would say when u click on them one too many times.

"he's dead general.." (medic) rawr!

I didn't like it very much cause i was really bad on it (i was around 10 back then) and i kept using cheats (shame on me!!!!!!!!)
I liked the Gundam version, it was good as well

Who remembers Total Annihilation? (now that is old...... but i still love it!!!!)

come on, people.. the only people actually playing were me and bold... lol.

would love to pwn you guys.

QUOTE (hamasusuke @ May 6 2006, 07:53 PM) come on, people.. the only people actually playing were me and bold... lol.

would love to pwn you guys.
And we severely under estimated how rusted we were!!
First game, we got swarmed so quickly there was nothing we could do.

Second game we were able to hold on, but we were kept on the defensive unable to expand and secure enough ressources to maintain a proper defense. So in the end, our defense got worned down by continuous attacks from the enemy.

But it was fun. We got to do it again and make a more balanced team. Instead of 2 protoss, a protoss and a human would probably be better able to hold off the enemy. By sharing some siege thanks for defenses in the 2 bases with photon canon as backup, it would make a really thick wall to penetrate!

Any other people who would join us next time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back