Sport Anime

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Samira87

-chan
Kouhai
I have a few favorite sports anime
I love Slam Dunk, Aoki Densetsu Shoot! ..the first twenty five episodes..(even though Shoot! is an old anime), I heard of "Whistle" and read comments about it. It seems okay, so I'll check it out. I wonder if that one is any of your favorites. Enough about "love anime". these now are the ones I liked, Captain Tsubasa, Offside..(after episode 25) of Aoki Densetsu Shoot!
sorry if this topic was already made. I went through a few pages and didnt find such a thread, you can hit me with a frying pan moderator if you get annoyed by me, but be nice, I'm new here.
biggrin.gif

Hmmm, this is a pretty hard decision to me seeing that most of the threads in this forum are mainly specific animes. I guess you could always try to start a discussion in the General Anime Thread seeing that this a is a pretty general topic. And seeing there are animes you like, you could always post in the Anime Recommendation Thread. Anyways welcome to Fansub.tv.

Personally, I don't like watching sports too much, it kind of bores me for some reason.
rolleyes.gif

Ever heard of "Princess Nine" - female baseball team anime. Eyeshield 21 is another anime associated with American football I think and Hungry Heart is a football (soccer to those Americans and Canadians) anime.

Initial D series is a racing-drifting with downhill and up-hill races, its one of my favourites but racing isn't exactly a sport but u should check it out, it also has a film which is a Hong Kong movie (watttt its not japanese, naniiiiiiiii!
ohmy.gif
) which has Jay Chou (greatest and most popular Hong Kong RnB artist ever) who plays as the main male protangonist, Takumi Fujiwara. The anime is great, it has 1st stage (season 1), 2nd stage (season 2), extra stage (random OVA about Impact Blue), 3rd stage (movie), battle stage (all the important races up till now in the series), 4th stage (the latest season......that ended quite a while ago).........................and a possible 5th stage may be coming soon...........I think and hope so
biggrin.gif
!!!!!

I really don't know much about sport anime but I guess its better to put up a post and ask for other examples of sport anime at the "Anime Recommendation" thread as suggested from ChronoLegend-sama.

Cya

There was previously a "sports anime" topic but as it was asking for rec's it was closed (actually, apparently it was opened today as well?). I don't see why general discussion can't be allowed, since there are topics like that ... but if this is for rec's, then yes, please use the links given.

There is an older topic specific to soccer anime if anyone is interested: http://boards.fansub.tv/index.php?showtopic=2366&hl=

I'm not really into sports anime, but I was reading the manga Crimson Hero. Unlike some sports manga, it has more drama ... probably because it's a shoujo series
laugh.gif
And I like how some sports anime are so ... Sailor Moon about it. Like Prince of Tennis and all the crazy "attacks" the players have
tongue.gif

Air Gear I'm not often a fan of sports animes because of how stupid they are. But this one it was stupid, insane, funny and when they did do some "sensible" tricks they were pretty cool.

Suzuka was alright aswell, just not very realistic and a bit cheesey!

My favorite sport anime should be Captain Tsubasa. Wow, I just loved this series, well, it's not really a surprise considering the fact that football is my favorite sport and Captain Tsubasa is an anime based on football. But yeah at times, I must say that it was boring but overall, I enjoyed watching the show.

I've watched Air Gear too, pretty hilarious anime at times but very cool. I watched some episodes of Prince of Tennis too but I got bored afterwards...
biggrin.gif

@ChronoLegend
I thought this WAS the general section...
@JCDRANZER
i love soccer animes heehee..oh and i think i already did reccomend some soport animes in that thread
@chiisai_hana
thanks for the link..i didnt want to make a poll because i dont know enough sport animes....oh and whats wrong with sailor moon..lol i love it...well i watched this sport anime...Aoki Densetsu Shoot! and it does have "sailor moon" quality..just in the scent that its sometimes dramatic.
@SuperSawyers
I see yet another one who doesnt like sport animes...i thought whats wrong with everyone..then i said..man whats wrong with me..lol..actually some of em are really goood and funny..oh watch me speak..its not like ive watched so many animes anyways.
@solarwing
OOOH!! finally someone mentioned an anime that i actually know..i like captain tsubasa...a sport anime that actually is about sports..lol ...its one of the few animes about sports that has sport as the main issue..it may sound weird..but slam dunk is supposed to be about basketball..but many classify it under comedy ..
---
i see, that i might have put this topic in the wrong place..i dont even know where to find it so i have it on my favorites...

QUOTE (Samira87 @ Feb 09 2007, 10:31 AM) oh and whats wrong with sailor moon..lol i love it...
There's nothing wrong with it, I watched it myself
laugh.gif
But the "attacks" fit in SM, which was of the fantasy/sci-fi genre. When they put it in sports manga it's kind of ... odd
happy.gif
But I suppose they can't have plain old sports in manga .... if you just wanted to watch sports, you'd turn on the TV!

Definatelly Captain Tsubasa (oh, those 30km long runs throughout whole field....) and Aoki Densetsu Shoot! (propably the best sports anime).

I don’t like watching sports, when I like a sport (pretty rare) I’d rather do it than watch it, but to my surprise a few animes have managed to get me interested in stories about sports.

For instance there were two To Heart episodes about sport, most notably “Under the Blue Sky” (ep.5) about the school sports day. I wouldn’t have expected such a theme to be interesting but they cleverly build up your interest in the proceedings (mainly through Hiroyuki being very contrarian about taking part) such that the final race is quite gripping, and conveys the feeling of being in a race very well. In both this and another episode, about a girl (Aoi) who’s into extreme rules fighting, they manage to keep you guessing as to who will win, which makes it much more exciting than those stories where you know the hero will always come through in the end.

As for sports series, the only one I’ve tried watching was Yawara, about judo, it’s quite an engaging and funny story (and in Japan was more popular than Ranma). I think what makes Yawara interesting is that once again the central character is at first rather resistant to the sport despite having a natural talent, and only gradually gets persuaded to do it competitively. There’s a lot of human interest stuff in Yawara, the usual romantic triangles and quadrilaterals etc, but they also take the judo seriously too.

hmm sport anime....... i think the only sport anime i think i ever watched was Prince of Tennis, it was a fairly good show. I dont know about any other animes based on sports, you dont really come across them their quite rare.

There’s a lot of them around, but I don’t think many get fansubbed. Name any sport or game and there’ll almost certainly be a manga about it, and often an anime too. I think only in Japan could you have a TV series about playing a board game like Go for instance, imagine trying to make a tv series about chess over here... no broadcaster would touch it. Mind you there was once a very successful comedy series in the UK about the people who ran a local sports centre (The Brittas Empire), a very unlikey hit I thought but they somehow pulled it off.

QUOTE There's nothing wrong with it, I watched it myself But the "attacks" fit in SM, which was of the fantasy/sci-fi genre. When they put it in sports manga it's kind of ... odd But I suppose they can't have plain old sports in manga .... if you just wanted to watch sports, you'd turn on the TV!
chiisai_hana, yay another viewer of sailor moon. most who have wathced it deny they ever did. especially the guys ..i wonder why..lol ...oh and i never knew sailor moon was labled under sci/fi as well as fantasy..anyways..and about the sports..you're right plain sports do exist on television...watch the leagues of any country..soccer that is....I guess they do add more things into it to make it more interesting.

QUOTE Definatelly Captain Tsubasa (oh, those 30km long runs throughout whole field....) and Aoki Densetsu Shoot! (propably the best sports anime).
qrdel, wow, im so glad someone mentioned Aoki Denestsu Shoot!...I loved it so damn much..well let me specify..the first thirty episodes..im sure you know why....right?

QUOTE hmm sport anime....... i think the only sport anime i think i ever watched was Prince of Tennis, it was a fairly good show. I dont know about any other animes based on sports, you dont really come across them their quite rare.
luigiroxu, I always hear of this Prince of Tennis, maybe i really should check it out. sport animes...you gotta gotta..i mean must see "slam dunk" at least...then if you wanna check Aoki Densetsu Shoot!, then you wouldnt know why some are so obsessed with it, begining with myself...by the way, anime sport shows arent that rare..you just gotta look for them or if you dont want to, send my a PM and I'll give you some amazing sites where you can get anime and manga download in a timely manner..

Where can I download or watch Yawara? Oh yeah and some good sports anime...

---- Whistle! is pretty good, it's sorta annoying though, because he doesn't have talent, but its still interesting - soccer
---- Eyesheild 21 is really good, and it has a generous amount of episodes already out and it's about american football, I didnt think I'd be too interested but I started playing football after I watched it
---- Prince of Tennis is okay...not really so great, cuz he's arrogant, but thats just my oppinion
---- Hikaru no Go is not a sports anime, but it involves a 'game'
---- Ace wo Nerae has really bad animation, but the story is somewhat interesting - also about tennis
---- Slam Dunk is okay, the animation is weird, cuz the school uniforms are ugly, haha, but the story-line is interesting, I wouldnt say realistic though....

Anyway.....yeah!

QUOTE (Samira87 @ Feb 12 2007, 03:15 AM) POT, never heard of it..is it a basketball anime, or a football/soccer anime...?
POT = prince of Tennis

and yea its a really good show, the ovas came out not to long ago, few months ago, national champions ships, that was really good. you should check it out.

okay, fine now i feel stupid
Prince of Tennis (POT) makes sense..lol
QUOTE ---- Slam Dunk is okay, the animation is weird, cuz the school uniforms are ugly, haha, but the story-line is interesting, I wouldnt say realistic though....
shichinosamurai, first of all i dont think this is the right place to ask for downloads...try the request section....and second of all....what are you talking about..slam dunk was awesome..personally, i didnt get too far in the manga..as for the anime..i watched until episode 101 or102..the end of the tv series..i mean if you're saying the way high school basket ball players can be so amazing and jump that high and stay floating..then i forgive you..lol, and somewhat agree although the story is interesting that way, if it was as quick as normal basketball, then we wouldnt know too much about what players are thinking during the game and stuff...about the school uniforms..they're okay..
ahhh ok prince of tennis..that's the next one im checking out since im a fan of sport animes..

Major hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread which is a crying shame.

Go and at least watch season 1.

It's about Baseball. Season 1 is really well written, very moving stuff happens early on. Season 2 and recently 3 focus more on the baseball but still maintains the feeling of wanting to cheer the main character on towards the end.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back