No Game No Life

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jun 22 2014, 07:27 PM) This might be the only series with fanservicy plot at times for this season I take it.
tongue.gif

The only one with good/clever/parody fanservice. There is Seikoku no Dragonar, which was pretty much my gutterdive for the season, where it was very much meant to be taken seriously.

Something to pay very close attention to, Sora is playing Izuna here. Now that she's finally having fun, it's about time for the other shoe to drop.

Also, at the start of the game in the book, Fi has to repeatedly keep telling Clammy not to look away from the game so she could see what was happening. Clammy had a really hard time bringing herself to watch Sora and his antics with the keminomimi NPCs.
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Norren @ Jun 19 2014, 10:21 PM)QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jun 19 2014, 01:26 AM)Although something here bugs me, and that would be the coincidence over how the VR stage looks just like Japan. This makes me wonder if there was another human that came from the same world as Sora and Shiro did now.There's little hints here and there that the previous king of Elkia knew "our world" via magic, somehow... The Elves are known to have the ability to touch it or scry it, the Werebeasts seem to have been able to borrow ideas from it, somehow, and the King had his whatever-it-was-plan cooking on the backburner.

It's just crumbs and too flawed to call
QUOTE (is_darkness88 @ Jun 22 2014,8:34 PM)Ep 11, best episode ever. Fan service also great :drool:lol welcome back darkness88 ;p cant wait for tomorrow, about the Werebeasts' game telling by ep.1 I think Tet is responsible (after all he summoned Blank) ;D
Final screenshots:
ph34r.gif

QUOTE lol welcome back darkness88 ;p cant wait for tomorrow, about the Werebeasts' game telling by ep.1 I think Tet is responsible (after all he summoned Blank) ;D

Tadaima!.. hehe
urghh.. those screenshots.. i hate when good anime is going to end.
i need to marathon all episode before watching this last ep.

QUOTE (is_darkness88 @ Jun 24 2014, 09:44 PM)QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Jun 24 2014, 01:00 AM)lol welcome back darkness88 ;p cant wait for tomorrow, about the Werebeasts' game telling by ep.1 I think Tet is responsible (after all he summoned Blank) ;DTadaima!.. hehe
urghh.. those screenshots.. i hate when good anime is going to end.
i need to marathon all episode before watching this last ep.okaerinasai ^^ I marathoned it again yesterday and with the grand finale now, I can say AOTS twisting Sora's phrase: "Don't underestimate NGNL" (S2 2015?)

No Game No Life (TV series 12 episodes) spring 2014 - 10/10

My Rating for No Game No Life: 10/10!
Animation: 10/10
Story: 10/10
Characters: 10/10

I got only 2 minor bad things about this anime, But, I hope for a second season!!!!.
Until I know *if* it will continue, Let me hear that last phrase of the last episode again^^.

I'll agree with the previous two ratings to bring it to three 10/10's.

Do we have another to give this one a platinum score?
laugh.gif

They rushed the end a bit, I'm glad I read the BT translations between eps 10 and 11. Little things:

Both old man Ino and Izuna are technically "property of the eastern federation" and actually came along with the bet.

Jibril teleported them to the Eastern Federation capitol immediately after Miko's long distance "call".

Cut was a bunch of scenes of Sora and Shiro petting random Kemomimi on their way to Miko's shrine.

I'm not sure if it was a localization thing or not, but in BT's translations Fii's "Clammy, you've changed" line was delivered as "My little crybaby Clammy is gone".

I'm going to miss Sora's "さあ、ゲームをはじめおか?". We'd better get a second season.

Ironic note: While doing this series, Sora's VA also did the annoying "justice" guy from Blade and Soul ep 5. Seriously.
blink.gif

without doubt its 10/10!
the ending is so tormenting..
but i got question, how the priestess can summon the 'old deus'?
did i miss something?

QUOTE (is_darkness88 @ Jun 27 2014, 12:12 AM) without doubt its 10/10!
the ending is so tormenting..
but i got question, how the priestess can summon the 'old deus'?
did i miss something?
No, you didn't miss anything. It's just one of those things where they tossed in something in order to entice people to buy the light novels and build excitement (hopefully for another season). Old Deus apparently doesn't even come into the story until about volume 6 of the light novel, while the anime only covers the story through volume 3 so it's something different they threw in.

Edit: accidently said manga instead of light novel

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Jun 26 2014, 10:18 PM)No, you didn't miss anything. It's just one of those things where they tossed in something in order to entice people to buy the light novels and build excitement (hopefully for another season). Old Deus apparently doesn't even come into the story until about volume 6 of the manga, while the anime only covers the story through volume 3 so it's something different they threw in.

then, i demand a second season!!
well i can't imagine how those episode been translating into word into those novel.
the readers must have a really highest level of imaginary then. haha

Lol got beaten to it, yes its true, the old deus dont appear like they do in the anime, most likely we wont get a second season, at least i dont think we wont for a couple of years, which is sad.

The light novel is good btw, i rarely get into reading LNs (i used to only read fanfiction novels since it'd take too much of my free time to read all the LN versions of the anime/manga i like),
but this is good enough to push someone who doesnt read into reading. I recommend it.

It was definitely the best anime of the season for me. Not just the animation story and characters but the script itself was also a 10 score, loved Kuuhaku, Jibril, and Steph's lines, specially Sora's
The last with Izuna were they call her a gamer was probably the best line in the season too
tongue.gif

I thoroughly enjoyed the last episode and after reading the above posts, I'm gonna give the light novels a shot, I too rarely read light novels unless it's something I have to read, which is the case for NGNL as this show just kept on getting stronger throughout the season.

Ah, that Fox Miko is pretty cute but not as cute as Uka-sama (she's a Guardian for Fox Spirits).

I would like to see a season 2 for this series as I'm scoring it a high 9/10.

Yup, this the only anime that success to push me to read the novel. And I had read until vol 4 now. For those who love this anime, I prefer that all of you read its novel. From the novel, a lot of plot were skipped in this anime, and some change the plot entirely. As this anime is rushing to end it. But it hard to find the english translation of this novel.

But still, I demand its second seasond!!

i really want to watch miko and jibril in swimsuit

QUOTE (is_darkness88 @ Jul 02 2014, 07:37 AM)this the only anime that success to push me to read the novel. And I had read until vol 4 now. For those who love this anime, I prefer that all of you read its novel. From the novel, a lot of plot were skipped in this anime, and some change the plot entirely. As this anime is rushing to end it. But it hard to find the english translation of this novel.

But still, I demand its second season
QUOTE (Klyern @ Jun 27 2014, 12:40 AM)most likely we wont get a second season, at least i dont think we wont for a couple of years, which is sad.

The light novel is good btw, i rarely get into reading LNs (i used to only read fanfiction novels since it'd take too much of my free time to read all the LN versions of the anime/manga i like),
but this is good enough to push someone who doesnt read into reading. I recommend it.

It was definitely the best anime of the season for me. Not just the animation story and characters but the script itself was also a 10 scoremeanwhile 5 mini'specials were released which aren't as good, but still hilarious enough to endure our wait for s2... i think a 6th will be in the last BR and about parodies I noticed the game XY/XX (1st), Jojo (2nd) and Vampire Savior (3rd)
tongue.gif

*Sings*
Happy days are here again.
The skies above are clear again.
We are getting an adaptation again.
It will be a movie so let's sing again!
Happy days are here again!

Now the amount of questions about it is unending, but it's confirmed^^

Of course I am very questionable on Why an Anime movie and not another
season?
But, oh well, even if it may bite me in the rear end in a few years,
I am happy enough at this moment with the news.

NGNL Zero, dramatic prequel mostly: what's wrong with 'Just fun And games'?

Masich said:
We are getting an adaptation again.
It will be a movie so let's sing again!
Happy days are here again!

Now the amount of questions about it is unending, but it's confirmed^^

Of course I am very questionable on Why an Anime movie and not another
season?
But, oh well, even if it may bite me in the rear end in a few years
despite 'bites' now that i saw it subbed, background ads in Yorimoi hint S2!^_^

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back