Minecraft

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (Hiasubi @ May 16 2013, 12:16 PM) Right, I just for Minecraft installed again. But I've only ever played Vanilla so someone is going to have to walk me through Mods and such so I can get all set up and get used to it.
It's all pretty easy.

QUOTE FtB Ultimate installation
April 19, 2013 @ 11:11 pm · Filed under General · Edit

Head over to the FtB website.
In the Download Client section, download either the .exe or the .jar
In the FtB Launcher, create a profile in the lower right.
In the “Modpacks” list, find FTB ULTIMATE select it, and let it update. (If update is too slow or breaks, go into OPTIONS/ADVANCED/ and select an alternative download location)
After download is finished, go into OPTIONS and set the allocated ram, preferably to something larger than 1GB (4 works for me wonderfully.). If you have a 32bit system – your maximum will be 1GB.
Now you can run the game.
P.S. For textures, its preferable if you chose Familiar yet Different, or keep it at default.

Also, I’d be grateful if everyone PM’d me their minecraft id, in order to be whitelisted

Seems like it approached a server drive space &\or memory limit, which eventually corrupted the world save + some other files that store data for mods in the world. I'm trying to clean it up, but cant pinpoint anything these few days. world backups not helping since a mod file got corrupted.
I manage to launch the world by clearing all region data completely though, and removing xycraft.

I might remove xycraft all together. In previous instances it was xycraft related bugs that killed worlds as well. Well, ultimate performed better than direwolf20. So guys, if we end up generating a new world, we'll be using iron tanks
biggrin.gif

No! not Xycraft! How are we going to live without millions of useless quartz crystals?

Have you checked to see what happens when you import the world backup into SSP?

QUOTE (Norren @ May 24 2013, 07:09 PM) No! not Xycraft! How are we going to live without millions of useless quartz crystals?

Have you checked to see what happens when you import the world backup into SSP?
Nothing. I tried to regen brocken stuff doing that. but it doesn't want to launch.

I'm sort of sad that I cant use MCEdit to remove whatever the problem is. :C
not ftb compatible...

Its all good, there's lots of nice aspects in a fresh start anyway. Would you bump up to ultimate 1.1.0 or is that an unstable build? Apparently the mc1.5 ones are no bueno since they don't include redpower.

Xycraft only adds some conveniences, and everything it does can be done by other mods, so I don't think its a necessity in any way.

I love my basalt bricks, but virtually everything Redpower does you can do with Buildcraft, MFR, and Applied Energistics. If there's something that adds blocks similar to Basalt Bricks and a good microblocks mod that stands as an alternative, I'd say 1.5.x - Redpower > 1.4.7 w/ RP.

As long as you change that stupid config setting that makes buildcraft pipes explode with more than 100 items in them. I do not understand why Direwolf20 configured his pack that way, I don't think ultimate is setup that way, but... Buildcraft stuff explodes enough as it is! O_O

Edit: Also, I enjoy Mystcraft diving for books, but it would probably be a good idea to spawn a creative notebook just so we don't have to create a derp farm or fill up the directory with excess worlds.

Edit 2: Well, there is one thing that only redpower 2 can do, but I don't think you want us making the WORLD MULCHER!.

Your edit is a good one, I was going to suggest the exact same thing. I hate that my page searching and oil prospecting probably contributed to the corruption
sad.gif

Can we make some mod suggestions, as well? I learned about a few interesting ones while looking for RP2 alternatives.

QUOTE (Norren @ May 24 2013, 03:53 PM) Can we make some mod suggestions, as well? I learned about a few interesting ones while looking for RP2 alternatives.
I think building a custom pack might be more trouble than its worth. There's a lot of tedium involved, from what I am reading, and considering there was world corrupting bugs in a stable version, I don't think its worth the hassle. Don't wanna saddle Nioki that burden if he's been happy with the mods so far as its his server after all. Ultimate 1.01 minus Xycraft might be just what the doctor ordered.

Odd... I thought I posted.. well, to make long story short. as long as the mod is compatible, and all I have to do is change id's we can set it up, problem is that everyone will have to do that, even those who don't understand much in minecraft mod. So I guess it'll be simpler to just do ultimate - xycraft. Plus, if we ever really need to, we can just gen xy in a mystcraft age later on.

I was at one point thinking of a custom pack, but I'll put that off for later.
Maybe when the ftb launchers gets new version I'll try and setup a pack that will auto-install through it. Will have to go get permissions from the authors though.

as for 1.1.0 its still beta-ish / unstable.
sad.gif

Sounds good. Reading up on it, it might be months before there's a new official recommended version, so no point fiddling with all the versioning going on right now.

I enjoyed 1.01 the first time around and predict I will again. I like that the progression seems to have a level of replayability to it since there's so many different trees to go down.

Edit: sooo do you need help with the setup or anything? I doubt I'd be of much use but I'm sure I could figure something out.

Playing again on the same pack is cool, too. I wanted to suggest a 1.5.x using some of the newer versions of mods to replace Redpower as I really want to play with comparators and analog redstone. *laugh*

Edit: Actually, reading a bunch of the insanity, Seems like there's a bunch of bizzare and strange egos involved in even FTB modding... yeesh... the block ID config and mod additions aren't that bad, but the permissions side is batshit crazy. 80~90% of the mods have a blanket FTB private pack permission policy, but a few of them don't and get wierd about it... *headshake*

So, as soon as I get to pay for the hosting, I'll post some general info about when we start anew, it would be nice if someone helped me pull Hia-san out from his single player world as well:D

lol
tongue.gif
i did some single player for a bit too to test some stuff, which has been helpful, but its more enjoyable with neighbors. if you need some help with the server costs, just let me know, ive gotten plenty of enjoyment out of it and can certainly help out.

thanks for the update, i was wondering what was up
tongue.gif
you know, im not too skilled with server administration, but i had a suggestion that might help make the backups a little safer. maybe you could create a backup of the servers entire game folder each day or two, keeping 2 of these backups max, that way it preserves the mod files as well as the world data. automated, of course. maybe that would prevent the previous issue from happening again, though it would take a bit more drive space.

p.s. - not sure why my phone is being finicky and wont let me use caps or shift...grrrr

QUOTE (wedora @ May 29 2013, 05:14 PM) lol
tongue.gif
i did some single player for a bit too to test some stuff, which has been helpful, but its more enjoyable with neighbors. if you need some help with the server costs, just let me know, ive gotten plenty of enjoyment out of it and can certainly help out.

thanks for the update, i was wondering what was up
tongue.gif
you know, im not too skilled with server administration, but i had a suggestion that might help make the backups a little safer. maybe you could create a backup of the servers entire game folder each day or two, keeping 2 of these backups max, that way it preserves the mod files as well as the world data. automated, of course. maybe that would prevent the previous issue from happening again, though it would take a bit more drive space.

p.s. - not sure why my phone is being finicky and wont let me use caps or shift...grrrr
I'm pretty sure that the server backs up all of the worlds at least, if I had to backup whole folder, if it doesn't do that already (though it seems that not) I'll have to manually do the wole folder backup. I was planning to set the server backup setting to once every two days, since sometimes the server just goes down since I forget to delete some backups, and hence it goes crazy and doesn't backup+start. Well I will probably do that since thats the logical option here.

As for the server costs, I'm not sure If I can do that properly atm. I'll ask the support if they allow to pay in instances or smth along those lines, but for now I just do it via moneybookers. I'd set up a paypal to use as a donation box, or smth else, but paypal is not available for Belarus :C So I don't know any other way atm of doing it nicely :/
Maybe sometime in the future, I'll manage for now)

Sorry about showing for one day and not showing up afterwards. I'm currently without internet at the moment and I'm getting a new modem here to fix the problem in a couple days. I've been without anime for quite a while but I do plan on seeing what the server is like, eventually. Just... need internet first.

I'll be very happy to see everything in all its glory in a few days.

QUOTE (truth2belief @ Jun 01 2013, 12:52 AM) Sorry about showing for one day and not showing up afterwards. I'm currently without internet at the moment and I'm getting a new modem here to fix the problem in a couple days. I've been without anime for quite a while but I do plan on seeing what the server is like, eventually. Just... need internet first.

I'll be very happy to see everything in all its glory in a few days.
sadly everything went boom!

but we'll rebuild with even better stuff) now that we understand more)

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back