Manga Recommendation

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Ever read Parasyte?

It's pretty cool. the ending was pretty solid, and it stays on the same path for the whole manga. No random crap of characters changing and becoming pansies.

It's completed.

Or you can read Kurogane no Linabarrel.

Nice manga, with Mechas which is awesome. the lead character is also very interesting which is a plus.

Or Hayate Combat Butler.

It's been on a standstill for the past few months, but one of my favorite mangas. It's kinda like harem (well not really), and it's pretty damn funny. All of the characters are pretty interesting, so you won't get bored of them quickly. Not to mention on the last chapter Hayate started showing some interest in one of the girls, which I think it's awesome. Since we might see a development of him and one of the girls.

Or Devilman.

This manga is so good. It's short and simple, not to mention how mindfucking it is. Highly recommend this if you haven't read it. Not to mention it's completed.

I can explain a little further if you want. I know the anime of Hayate and Kurogane are really weak.

If you are in the mood for horror/suspense action style manga like me check out --> Island.

If you want action check out Jackal.

If you want to read a light romantic comedy manga check out Orange Yane no Chiisana Ie.

If you want a psychological manga that is not to heavy to read and also fun check out Gamble Fish.

If you want a good seinin check out Zetman.

If you want to read a very solid tennis manga, check out Baby Steps.

Dont know if they are already posted but who cares, too lazy too check
tongue.gif

Manga: No Bra
Link: Click me
Plot:
This is a story about 2 childhood friends, Masato and Yuki, that reunite as teenagers.
Masato is surprised to find that Yuki has become so cute, but even more surprised to realize that Yuki was, and still is, a guy.
Yuki's affection for cross-dressing leaves Masato with feelings of discomfort and fright.

Manga: Ai Kora
Link: Click me
Plot:
The plot centeres around Hachibe Maeda, a 15 year old teenager who idolizes women's individual parts. When he moves to Tokyo to attend high school, he finds himself living in a shed near a girls' dormitory which has 5 girls ladies that each possess one of the ideal physical features he desires. The story revolves around Hachibe's quest to indulge in his fetishes and his growing relationships with the other characters.

I implore people to read the one shot Bankura by Hideaki Sorachi. It is one of the silliest plots ive read, but it was actually quite funny, touching and completely awesome.

The quotes in between was a nice touch, the best quote I felt came from the author himself.

anyone recommend me a manga that has kinda like that ai yori aoshi or (umi no misaki) romance in it. be it high school life genre type or just slice of life will be ok

Has anyone else read The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer? If you haven't, you really should. This manga really deserves a lot of love and is sorely underappreciated.

I only found it recently, and have read the whole thing. Really enjoyed it. It is now one of my favorites. The beginning chapters are a bit slow but it gets really good really fast afterwards. Don't want to spoil anything but if you didn't know about it, you should check it out. I promise you won't regret it.

QUOTE (talesweaver @ Jan 20 2011, 11:21 PM) anyone recommend me a manga that has kinda like that ai yori aoshi or (umi no misaki) romance in it. be it high school life genre type or just slice of life will be ok
woo, first time coming back after a long time..

anyways.. check out suzuka (finished) and kimi no iru machi (ongoing), if you havent read them yet, both are very good romance mangas IMO, though what i would say the difference between ai yori aoshi is... the two mentioned before are probably more dramatic ... from memory that is...

also, i think love hina is quite similar to ai yo aoshi ... but its really old so you might've read it already

hope that helps :)

The only thing that comes to mind that's magic baised and actiony like a shounen would be Fairy Tail.

Other then that there's always Maho Sensei Negima!? even though that was finished a good while back though.

Recommending a bunch of completed Mangas, To save up on space at first sight, Plots are placed under *Spoiler*

Meguru Kakuutei (Shoujo, Supernatural, 4 chapters) A fantasy tale about a boy who enters a magical manuscript and discover "the inn of the imagination." But all's not fantasy and fun here, because there's a price to be paid for venturing into this world.
S no Yuiitsu! M no Zettai (Romance, School, Shoujo, One-shot) I only recommend the first one (Solely S, Absolutely M), seeing as its a simple short with standard cliche but still nice (plot) -> Mamiya has gorgeous looks, terrific grades and outstanding sports reflexes. He’s very popular with the girls in his class, but seems to have no interest in them whatsoever. Sawako is the only girl who treats Mamiya like a slave. She thought there’d be no change in their relationship, but…!?
Beast Master (Comedy, Romance, Shoujo, 6 chapters) Yuiko Kubozuka loves animals. Unfortunately, animals hate her and flee from her. New classmate, Leo Aoi, turns out to be a scary guy who resembles a wild animal than anything human, she is intrigued. but also because he isn’t the wild animal that he seems to be. He seems to hide a very sweet disposition behind his scary features. The truth is revealed when they are attacked and Leo immediately behaves like a wild animal and gets violent like a blood-thirsty animal. Will Yuiko be able to tame this wildest of all animals or will he be just like the others and flee from her? Or the better question, will she flee from him?
Superior/+Cross (Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Romance, Shounen 2x28 chapters, its a 2 part series) The demon queen subdued enormous and powerful monsters and slaughtered over half of the world's population in the past. Surviving members of the human race elected a hero, Exa, to slay the demon queen, beseeching release from her oppressive rule. However, Exa now questions his mission to eradicate the monsters and demons because in his opinion, they too are conscious and alive. The thought of killing them leaves him in anguish. Meanwhile, Sheila, the Demon Queen, becomes interested in him and decides to join his journey, hiding her identity while plotting to kill him after she has gains his trust. However, she realizes that she's fallen in love with the hero, and hence their journey begins...
Shinigamihime no Saikon (Comedy, Romance, Shoujo, 14 chapters) Alicia Faitlin, daughter of an impoverished aristocratic family, was forced into an arranged marriage by her uncle, but the groom is killed suddenly in the middle of the ceremony.
Although Alicia has been labeled "The Princess of Death” due to this incident, there's someone pursuing the matter of a second marriage with her. He is an upstart noble whose family was recently promoted to the ranks of the aristocracy, Kashburn Licen. This man is rumored to be a "Tyrant" but-?

Enjoy!!

What can I say, Mangas are a lot better compared to anime lately.

Recommending a bunch of Ongoing Mangas. >>>Plot is inside the spoiler. + Self Commentary between the ()<<<

Yuusha-sama ni Ikinari Kyuukon Sareta no Desu ga (Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Romance, Shoujo):
A certain beautiful princess was captured by a demon king, and a hero went out with his party of adventurers to rescue her. When he returned successfully, he asked for marriage as his reward... but not with the princess, with her maidservant!? (It's lovely, the intro is very long and its all talk, building up something you understand in the first 2 chapters, but Who knows where it will go for, I enjoy it so far^^)
Ore to kawazu san no isekai hourouki (Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Shounen, Slice Of Life)
Tarou was just an ordinary university student until a strange old magician summoned him to another world. Upon learning that his newly acquired magical power is 8 million (8 million more powerful than an average magician), he uses his abnormally powerful magic to revive the old man that caused all this... in the form of a frog. Thus begin the strange adventures of a boy with ridiculous magical power and Kawazu, the former strongest magician, now revived as a frog. (It's simply a overpowered kid that adventures through a fantasy world Comedy).
Ojojojo (Comedy, Romance, School Life, Seinen, Slice of Life)
Jigokumeguri Haru is the heiress of one of the largest business empires in all of Japan. She is not only rich, but also practically a celebrity. However, partly because of her heritage and partly because of her arrogant and aloof behavior, she has always been isolated from her peers and has never been able to make friends. Thus she has – without success so far – transferred from school to school to finally find a place where she would be accepted. (It's Fun, all I can say, I like the development and the characters as to how they influence each other)
Nukoduke! (Comedy, Josei, Slice Of Life)
A heartwarming story about the daily lives of a freeter named Yuuya and his two part cat, part human pets (All their is to it, It's adorable! Also short 4 Koma)
Takewo-chan Bukkai Roku (Comedy, Fantasy, Shounen, Slice Of Life)
The story which follows the adventure of Takeo, the most unfortunate girl of the universe. Takeo goes to school and lives alone in an inn called Hyakkisô (the manor of 100 demons). The life of the young Takao will begin to change the day she sees the youkai... (Ever seen a old fashion sort of looking manga based on a story?, imagine that with humor and actual comedy)
Sweet Dreams in the Demon Castle (Comedy, Fantasy, Shounen)
A princess got captured by the demon lord and is being held captive in his castle! Although the onlything she cares about is having a good sleep (Lots of stuff happens each chapter that's about improving her sleep... Those poor demons...

Masich said:
What can I say, Mangas are a lot better compared to anime lately.

Recommending a bunch of Ongoing Mangas. >>>Plot is inside the spoiler. + Self Commentary between the ()<<<

Yuusha-sama ni Ikinari Kyuukon Sareta no Desu ga (Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Romance, Shoujo):
A certain beautiful princess was captured by a demon king, and a hero went out with his party of adventurers to rescue her. When he returned successfully, he asked for marriage as his reward... but not with the princess, with her maidservant!? (It's lovely, the intro is very long and its all talk, building up something you understand in the first 2 chapters, but Who knows where it will go for, I enjoy it so far^^)
Ore to kawazu san no isekai hourouki (Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Shounen, Slice Of Life)
Tarou was just an ordinary university student until a strange old magician summoned him to another world. Upon learning that his newly acquired magical power is 8 million (8 million more powerful than an average magician), he uses his abnormally powerful magic to revive the old man that caused all this... in the form of a frog. Thus begin the strange adventures of a boy with ridiculous magical power and Kawazu, the former strongest magician, now revived as a frog. (It's simply a overpowered kid that adventures through a fantasy world Comedy).
Sweet Dreams in the Demon Castle (Comedy, Fantasy, Shounen)
A princess got captured by the demon lord and is being held captive in his castle! Although the onlything she cares about is having a good sleep (Lots of stuff happens each chapter that's about improving her sleep... Those poor demons...
I love these three.

I'm also finding Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku, Tensei Shitara Kendeshita, and Tensei Shitara Slime Datta ken to be pretty good.

Outside of Isekai... Dungeon Meshi is the best food manga ever and Helck is a classic among fantasies with how it can play comedy, parody, and drama at the same time and not strain disbelief. ^_^

Norren said:
I'm also finding Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku, Tensei Shitara Kendeshita, to be pretty good.
I follow those two as well xD The amount of ''Reincarnated'' series have really increased lately, but, luckily most of them are still nice to read^^

Masich said:
I follow those two as well xD The amount of ''Reincarnated'' series have really increased lately, but, luckily most of them are still nice to read^^
It's hardly unexpected, given SAO and Log Horizon's LN success. Isekai/Tensei was already a strong trope of it's own, but those two supercharged it up to 11 and Alphapolis seems to be mopping them up along with a bunch of fantasy world LNs up for adaptation.

I mean, even before the ones we've mentioned, In Another World, They Call me Black Healer, and Tsuyokute, New Saga are amazing.

... And oh hey, speaking of good Tensei, The mage will master magic effectively in his second life got new chapters. :D

Norren said:
... And oh hey, speaking of good Tensei, The mage will master magic effectively in his second life got new chapters. :D
Oh! I read that up to ch10 last time I saw it. Thanks for reminding me of this series!

Speaking Mangas: Ongoing Recommendation time!

>>>Plot is inside the spoiler. + Self Commentary between the ()<<<

Ano musume ni Kiss to Shirayuri o / A Kiss and a white lily (Seinen, Shoujo Ai)
At Shiroyuri Gakuen, one of the stars of the school is the beautiful, smart, talented and cultured Shiramine Ayaka. But, no matter how hard Ayaka tries, she cannot surpass the lazy, sluggard genius Kurosawa Yurine. It makes her crazy, especially as familial expectations for her performance come down to anything less than a perfect score and top ranking equals failure. And there’s Kurosawa, sleeping through class and acing the test. Ayaka is driven absolutely to distraction by her rival. (or to place it short, Multiple girl couples, Multiple stories, that continue throughout the chapters).

Suki x Suki (Comedy, Romance, School Life, Shounen, Supernatural)
Touka Aizuki is girl who can turn invisible and no one can see her except for one person, Ryoutarou Mimori. Even though she is physically invisible, her love is completely visible! (when a boy and a girl like each other, but one is being simply too creepy).

4 Cut Hero (Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Shounen)
A series of short stories about a NEET with the power to protect the world. (short stories my @$$, it's one Long Story in short chapters, with weird stuff that sometimes pops up and gets forgotten... especially the beginning, but it has evolved into an actual nice series with story line and plot).

Tsurezure Children (Comedy, Romance, School Life, Shounen)
Wakabayashi Toshiya shows us a series of 4-koma manga depicting various scenarios of young love. (A lot of lovely/crazy/Tsundere bunch of couples, Also its getting an anime adaptation this July 2017).

Kyuuketsu Baito Kirishima-Kun (Comedy, Romance, Seinen, Slice Of Life, Supernatural)
He's a vampire destined to lead the world to ruin... So why is he working part time at a convenience store?! A 4 koma about demi-human working! The new clerk in the convenience store where Amamiya works at is half human and half vampire?! Not to mention, their colleagues are a werewolf and an android... Watching these demi-human work with the half vampire Kirishima-kun (Working!! in Supernatural form)

From Maid to Mother (Fantasy, Romance, Shoujo, Slice Of Life, Supernatural)
A high school girl reincarnates in another world as Lily. While she occasionally reminisces about her past life, she is now a maid who spends her days traveling and working in various homes. One day, the court magician Leonard suddenly requests that she acts as a mother for his adopted daughter Jill. (although I do condemn the series for not really showing much of an intro of the main character and her life, still good story, in my book they could have let out the entire reincarnation and it would have still been the same).

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree,
How are thy mangas so full of stories!
Not only in the summertime,
But even in winter is thy story prime.
O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree,
How are thy mangas so full of stories!

Alright!! Time for some good ongoing Fantasy/Supernatural Recommendations!

>>>Plot is inside the spoiler + Self Commentary between the ()<<<

Isekai desu ga Mamono Saibai shiteimasu (Action, Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Romance, Supernatural)
One day, Kyouji Himuro hears a knock on his door. Opening it up, he finds that he is transported to another world.
But his new life is not good. He has no fighting skill, no money, and no way to make food. While dumpster diving, Kyouji discovers seeds and comes up with a plan to grow his own food. However, his plans change when he realizes that these seeds grow monsters... (Absurd, Ridiculous, Funny, still good).

Mairimashita! Iruma-kun (Comedy, Fantasy, School Life, Shounen, Supernatural)
Mairimashita! Iruma-kun is the story of Suzuki Iruma, who has been sold to the demon by his irresponsible parents in exchange for money. Surprisingly, next thing he knows, he is living with the demon and has been transferred into a school from Demon World. We invite you to follow Iruma-kun's extraordinary school life. (This is what happens if you never learn to say the magic word called: NO).

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken (Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Shounen)
A man is stabbed by a robber on the run after pushing his coworker and his coworker's new fiance out of the way. As he lays dying, bleeding on the ground, he hears a voice. This voice is strange and interprets his dying regret of being a virgin by gives him the [Great Sage] unique skill! Is he being made fun of !?! (Slime overlord making a huge mixed society).

Yankee Wa Isekai De Seirei Ni Aisaremasu (Fantasy)
Instead of helping a child who was going to be run over by a truck while leaving a school one day, he loses his life. When Manai Zero that should have died wakes up, it is a vast library. To be given a mysterious skill called "a person loved by a spirit" to a librarian-style brother who is God, to be incarnated in the fantasy world. (What happens when a Yankee gets reincarnated).

Overlord (Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Harem, Seinen, Supernatural)
The story begins with Yggdrasil, a popular online game which is quietly shut down on its last day. Our protagonist Momonga decided to stay until the last moment in his beloved game and wait for the force logout. Unexpectedly, the server did not shut down and Momonga is stuck in his skeleton body and got transferred to another world. "The powerful Overlord" needs now to discover a new world and face the continuous challenges. (I do enjoy the manga more compared to the anime, because it has more comedic value).

Kumika no Mikaku (Cooking, Drama, Sci-fi, Seinen, Slice of Life, Supernatural)
Aliens have become common on Earth. Kumika is one such alien who can get nutrition just by breathing and therefore does not need to eat, but from unexpected circumstance she takes a bite of Earth food and has her first experience of delicious Earth food. The uptight Kumika discovers new tastes through eating and awakens to new kinds of emotions. (Adorable, just adorable and actually a nice read for food!!).

Goblin Is Very Strong (Comedy, Fantasy, Shounen)
Goblin-san accidentally reached level 99... and now she keeps killing heroes. (This is what happens if you failed to kill all the monster in the area).

Colette wa Shinu Koto ni Shita (Comedy, Fantasy, Romance, Shoujo)
Colette is the town's only doctor and just wants some rest, but somehow that rest becomes permanent!? (Doctor of Hades)

I recommend One Punch Man, not so much for the story but Yusuke Murata's art is absolutely phenomenonal, up there with Kentaro Miura at times.

Speaking of Kentaro Miura, I recommend Berserk more so since his passing. Especially if you can get your hands on the oversized hardbacks Dark Horse are doing, makes his art work even more stunning.

Because I can't get enough of the manga with every twist in its story, Tomodachi Game.

Also Ore no Genjitsu wa Renai no Game? Another title I'm in love with.

Also Ore no Genjitsu wa Renai no Game? Another title I'm in love with.

I gave this Ore no Genjitsu a go and it is a decent series. I have to admit, the beginning of the manga was rather sketchy and I thought I bumped into some mad hentai manga especially with that early scene... Makes me wonder if the author was trolling us in the early chapters as it does shift focus quite dramatically away from hentai. When I did read the chapters I did notice a good number of key panels being censored. I wasn't too fussed over this but considering the way the manga is I could see folk going ape about this.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back