Mahou Tsukai no Yome

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Kid-Wolf said:
it does have it's nice slice of life moments especially with Silky there. I never would of guessed she was once a banshee there.
also rare to see charismatic characters who can but dont talk, not so easy as it looks with expressive voice acting... or ep.18 how she pets Ruth :3 like Angie's family, now a motherly Chise takes care of childish Elias (villains assemble!)<_<

gdpetti said:
I hope this storyline gets back on track... and concentrates on her/him and those around them.. putting a face/voice on literally anything that moves moves it into the comedy space more than anything....you lose the dramatic undertone completely.... it's still the quality of those OVAs I'm looking for... I sort of wish they'd spent more time on her auction
actually ep'19 kinda went back on'track with another auction, but going wrong after a dragon became chimera... felt refreshing to see old and New faces join its rescue, if that helpstops 'Joey' from making anymore experiments :rolleyes:

Still like this... characters are written well, but not filled even at this point enough IMO... and seems to be done on purpose by the writer.... which isn't a real problem if the rest of the story is written with enough depth or action etc to keep the story going... but this is slow.... and the characters aren't getting any deeper ... or rather, not in the sense of understanding them.... So far, it doesn't seem this team is going to use the OVA material.... not sure... but it was better... at least the first 2... i think there was a 3rd that was only mediocre by comparison... This story seems to be dragging a bit.... the MC needs to be explained, as well as the tropey filled world around her... which IMO, was done better in the OVAs... everything was more dense... in this anime, it seems everything is being stretched out.... given so much time to 'breathe', that they get a little lost.... perhaps too many background characters? like Grancrest Senki... too many tropes... without proper setup and background etc.... IMO, this project still needs to be setup so we understand WTF is really going on.... otherwise, the story is built on tropes for the most part... it's a definite weakness showing... I'm beginning to think it will stay this way.... I've having the same problem with Kokkoro... compard to Violet Evergarden... comes down to the quality of the writing, right?

In this anime, we still have that 'boy' unable to die? :rolleyes: We still have that travelling elder that our other MC, who seems to have come out of nowhere :rolleyes: knows but not enough to understand either... many characters fall into this category.. which can be done, but the writer makes it seem like our magical monsterhead guy knows his way around... so much of this story doesn't make sense... I'm starting to wonder about it... setup was so well done in the OVAs... so far the anime just isn't up to that level... :( It's still rather good compared to so many others... but my expectations were higher.

Ah contrare, GS has slowed down and is improving... but it's bitten off more than it seems capable of chewing... it's world setup is too large IMO... every trope imaginable seems to find its way into that project.... not sure why I'm still watching it, but the last ep ending was a little shocking in its apparent attempt at honesty... but with that, it's going into adult or seinen storytelling that wasn't in any previous episodes. So I don't know where the F Grandcrest Senki is going.... it's worthy watching just up to the last ep to see the change. I think I'm mostly interesting in seeing what works and what doesn't, as before watching anime, I didn't read or watch much fiction... some scifi, but even that was limited... such as the original Star Trek series vs the others that followed.... none of them up to par... the last film series started off pretty good, but the last one seemed like the actors, writers etc had all gotten tired of the project.

Anyway, what is AOTS? ratings system? best of the season? If so, then yes, Violet has the best writing this season... and would match up in many seasons IMO. It's the kind of writing I'd like to see in any genre.... mostly in those i'm attracted to the most.. but good writing will attract an audience in any genre, IMO. Kokkoku has gotten a little stuck in stasis, don't you think? But doesn't it have many more to go, not 3? It's only on ep 9 that I see. GSenki has another season to go as well, and has improved, slowed down and seems to be filling in their world setup as they should've done earlier... but that last ep ended so dramatically, that it makes you wonder WTF the mangaka is doing, has done or what? It took a rather dramatic turn there on the sex issue... which seemed rather realistic and unrealistic at the same time... a little shocking to take it in that direction given all that preceeded it... makes you wonder if this was in the manga or not.

With this anime, our male monster magus MC, Elias?, has yet to be given much in terms of character... the usual 'alien' dynamic of not knowing much about human emotions. :rolleyes: every scifi series seems to do that... rather ridiculous when most of them are way past our point of 'evolution'... it is us that don't understand it... but his character seems to have just popped into existence... again, rather weak storytelling... but so much of the girls storyline is ripe for further characterization, as the OVA attest to. You have to see those... at least the first two in that library.... excellent animation and storytelling.. and I heard it was pieces of her past taken from various chapters of the manga. I just think that this series has slowed down too much... even the dragon in the last ep or two ago... could've taken the series into more action mode.. but it essentially didn't... it's like the director doesn't want to change the mood or pacing at all. <_< and it's starting to make me a little bored with this story... as the male magus Elias seems boring... no depth, or very little outside of some concern for the girl... and so many characters keep getting added without enough backstory, setting etc. Maybe this is typical for this genre in manga in Japan? And since most anime is designed to sell the songs and manga, it doesn't really matter.... I still have a hard time understanding the anime market in Japan... no separate channel? don't they have cable or satellite or today, with the internet, just form their own channel like others have done... insular attitude is bad for sales.. not thinking it would sell abroad, not willing to take risks in paying for quality dubs... which are what would really sell them abroad... but it means changing the marketing from music video or manga advertising to separate marketing like Hollywood does with all that superhero stuff... which helps sell the comics, but they are their own thing.

Oh well... I think making animes out of any story will help show the good and bad aspects... in this series, the setup is weak... but the depth is there, at least for the girl.. but so far, little used.. as for Elias? he's written like a one-off oddity of nature... not even a hafu... like some test tube baby project... :blink: Well, that could be interesting. :) But so far, we aren't getting that... we really aren't getting anything about him at all... as his character doesn't really makes sense in this worldsetup, does it? If I was in charge of this project, I'd concentrate on the human girl, our MC.. the best character we have.. though the maid's story was interesting... but only one ep.... I'm still hoping it gets better, but it isn't... not getting worse, just leaving holes all over the place as their world seems to contain multiple dimensions... which esoterically is very real, but not in this story... it's way too complex for this... the writer has included every 'fairy' type known in literature it seems... and they all don't fit together well. Oh well... even failure is interesting right? ;)

Now that I caught up I have some questions answered but then more questions to ask, and the big one is what every happened to her father and brother on the day they left?

gdpetti said:
Grancrest Senki... too many tropes... without proper setup and background etc.... IMO, this project still needs to be setup so we understand WTF is really going on.... otherwise, the story is built on tropes for the most part... it's a definite weakness showing... I'm beginning to think it will stay this way.... I've having the same problem with Kokkoro... compard to Violet Evergarden... comes down to the quality of the writing, right?

In this anime, we still have that 'boy' unable to die? :rolleyes:
as GS didn't get any better after all, did you try chain chronicle? but yes to me Violet is winning on A0TS over Kokkoku... back to ep.21 with only 3 left I guess the 'kid' will expel her death curse, or else Elias' efforts will be in vain :mellow:

gdpetti said:
so much of the girls storyline is ripe for further characterization, as the OVA attest to. You have to see those... at least the first two in that library.... excellent animation and storytelling.. and I heard it was pieces of her past taken from various chapters of the manga. I just think that this series has slowed down too much... even the dragon in the last ep or two ago... could've taken the series into more action mode.. but it essentially didn't... it's like the director doesn't want to change the mood or pacing at all. <_< and it's starting to make me a little bored with this story... as the male magus Elias seems boring... no depth, or very little outside of some concern for the girl... and so many characters keep getting added without enough backstory, setting etc. Maybe this is typical for this genre in manga in Japan? And since most anime is designed to sell the songs and manga, it doesn't really matter.... I still have a hard time understanding the anime market in Japan... no separate channel? don't they have cable or satellite or today, with the internet, just form their own channel like others have done... insular attitude is bad for sales.. not thinking it would sell abroad, not willing to take risks in paying for quality dubs... which are what would really sell them abroad... but it means changing the marketing from music video or manga advertising to separate marketing like Hollywood does with all that superhero stuff... which helps sell the comics, but they are their own thing.

Oh well... I think making animes out of any story will help show the good and bad aspects... in this series, the setup is weak... but the depth is there, at least for the girl.. but so far, little used.. as for Elias? he's written like a one-off oddity of nature... not even a hafu... like some test tube baby project... :blink: Well, that could be interesting. :) But so far, we aren't getting that... we really aren't getting anything about him at all... as his character doesn't really makes sense in this worldsetup, does it? If I was in charge of this project, I'd concentrate on the human girl, our MC.. the best character we have.. though the maid's story was interesting... but only one ep.... I'm still hoping it gets better, but it isn't... not getting worse, just leaving holes all over the place as their world seems to contain multiple dimensions... which esoterically is very real, but not in this story... it's way too complex for this... the writer has included every 'fairy' type known in literature it seems... and they all don't fit together well. Oh well... even failure is interesting right? ;)
It's about failures after all like Elias as half-assed fairy, or that college guy who couldn't be mage... with ep'22 chise moves on at last, will 'Joseph's past reveal what began her family tragedy? Alright I'll try the 0VAs if this series ends :huh:

Kid-Wolf said:
Now that I caught up I have some questions answered but then more questions to ask, and the big one is what every happened to her father and brother on the day they left?
ep'23 didn't reveal it either -.- looks like, Lolitania summoned many characters seen before to deal with Joe at last... after centuries? a gravedigger then serial killer, set in London maybe tomorrow's finale will tell If he's Jack the Ripper :p

gdpetti said:
Anyway, what is AOTS? ratings system? best of the season? If so, then yes, Violet has the best writing this season... and would match up in many seasons IMO. It's the kind of writing I'd like to see in any genre.... mostly in those i'm attracted to the most.. but good writing will attract an audience in any genre, IMO. Kokkoku has gotten a little stuck in stasis, don't you think? But doesn't it have many more to go, not 3? It's only on ep 9 that I see. GSenki has another season to go as well, and has improved, slowed down and seems to be filling in their world setup as they should've done earlier... but that last ep ended so dramatically, that it makes you wonder WTF the mangaka is doing, has done or what? It took a rather dramatic turn there on the sex issue... which seemed rather realistic and unrealistic at the same time... a little shocking to take it in that direction given all that preceeded it... makes you wonder if this was in the manga or not.

With this anime, our male monster magus MC, Elias?, has yet to be given much in terms of character... the usual 'alien' dynamic of not knowing much about human emotions. :rolleyes: every scifi series seems to do that... rather ridiculous when most of them are way past our point of 'evolution'... it is us that don't understand it... but his character seems to have just popped into existence... again, rather weak storytelling...
a happy ending after chise's lullaby as Ultimate spell ;p but for me, isn't Anime Of The Season then yes Elias' origin... still unanswered like who made her dad and brother be gone, Ashen·Eye? or another new villain to pop until S2!:angry:

Yeah, it ended ok, but like Grandcrest Seki, it's too full of every trope imagineable in the genre... it needs to be simplified at least enough to give more depth to the key characters.. new ones seem to pop up all the time... some recur... but there's too many of them without a proper setup of this world... which wasn't ever done... I still think the first two OVAs were the best.... this one keeps making some characters seem invincible, but if they were like that, why stick around the human domain? It really doesn't make sense... always the same excuse that they don't understand human emotions... I can understand them feeding off of them, but this world setup needs work... and it never got better... but the MC, our 'bride' is the best character of course.. I'm tired of the Magus... half monster/human hybrid... they never explain it... C'mon... that's stupid..... and it hurt the entire show, because they keep coming back to it as the basis of his character.... this is setup as a manga, right? So, the mangaka doesn't want it to end it seems... not a problem if the world was setup properly... you can't just keep adding every imagineable fairy, 'god' or whatever for an episode or two without setup and explanation... overall, the story is ok, but I've had enough... glad it ended.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back