Licensed Anime

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.
When the anime is licensed, it means that it will not be in FSTV, for sure.
You still can download it, using toreent like you said. However, usually there will be rare to ddl the anime that is licensed.

The legal way to get that anime is buy it, since it is licensed. If the anime is licensed, it is illegal to give ddl or upload it in public, even though we still can find some ddl anime in other websites.

thank u for the big explaination....looks like i have to buy alot of anime after this....
may i know,how do u guys determine if the anime is licensed or not?

There are a few websites where you can look up the licencing status of Anime such as Animenewsnetwork.com or animeinfo.com.

QUOTE (hitsugayataicho @ Jul 18 2006, 12:30 PM) thank u for the big explaination....looks like i have to buy alot of anime after this....
may i know,how do u guys determine if the anime is licensed or not?
If you still don't understand. see my post in anime/manga request thread. http://boards.fansub.tv/index.php?showtopi...indpost&p=61847
I made a little tutorial for those who don't know how to deteremine that an anime is licensed or no.

QUOTE (shara @ Jul 25 2006, 11:43 PM)wat does it means by anime is being licensed?
Well for this thread it mean it been licensed by an american company. Like someday it will show on tv.

it means that a US company has acquired the anime for distribution other than the japanese language. Also it means that fstv will not hosting the anime any more as well. See jul10's two posts on this page for more info.

QUOTE (rpgman1 @ Jul 15 2006, 10:59 AM) Strange name for a company: Illumitoon. Sounds like it applies to kids when watching cartoons.
Well, if you've ever watched beet the vandel buster, it really is a childish show. Its your average, run of the mill, ima a coming of age kid who wants to follow after his idol and save the world, type deal. So its really an appropriate company name for the show. Their aiming at kids.

if when a anime comes licensed, sites stop hosting it to avoid problems with american companies, doesnt this still mean its illegal to host, cause the japaness company could force u to stop also. from what i know they dont cause i guess they think it isnt worth it in a way.
Media Factory Inc dicided to do this though, could this be the end

QUOTE (wittyfox @ Jul 27 2006, 07:02 PM) if when a anime comes licensed, sites stop hosting it to avoid problems with american companies, doesnt this still mean its illegal to host, cause the japaness company could force u to stop also. from what i know they dont cause i guess they think it isnt worth it in a way.
Media Factory Inc dicided to do this though, could this be the end
in the future once the US companies license all the good animes, such as KIBA, haruhi, and AIR, and leave the crappy ones for us to watch in its original japanese dub, then there pretty much goes anime for good. The japanese companies could force people to stop, but yeah i think they feel its not worth their time since they already gain so much more profit than any other country in the world off anime that they could care less about whether or not people host them online for download.

QUOTE (kenchikm @ Jul 27 2006, 07:14 PM) nooooo!!!!!!
NOT ergo proxy its only half-way + I Luv that series!!!
ph34r.gif
dry.gif

Well, the thing with ergo proxy is, it was lisenced the day it was released, so to say. Geneon doesn't wait for american lisencers, they do everything themselves, just like how fate/stay night was lisenced right off the bat. The reason you cant get more episodes (you and be both, I frikkin love that series) is because the subbers went awol or something.

Although When you find your favorite Anime/Manga has been licensed you get disappointed, you also feel a bit happy that it was so popular it has been translated to other languages, at least I feel so..
happy.gif

But truth to say there is no other language that can compete with the J in anime world
wink.gif

yup no one can compete b/c the dubs sometimes mess up the voices. i watched the inuyasha english dub last night and when they did hakudoushi's voice, the voice made the he sound like a she
ph34r.gif
dry.gif
. a lot of the cast for english dubbed anime also express not much emotion and that sometimes throws the mood in the show

IMHO all dubs should be fired into the sun. The only reason I ever buy licenced anime is for the DVD quality and if applicable the 5.1 surround , seriously though I preffer fansubs in terms of translation skill , when I watch licenced anime with subs it seems like they take way to many libertys with their translations , I know enough japanese to know thoes translations just aren't proper
dry.gif
. One thing licenced that I'm egerly awaiting is the Hellsing OVA , but for the most part the only licenced animes I buy are the movies , but on the whole , licenced anime is too F@#*ing expensive , before I got high speed I'd spent over three thousand dollers on anime.
mad.gif
I mean really , no one should be paying thirty dollers with tax for an hour of anime , thats just hanus. Well thats my two cents.

Haruhi was licensed, announced at Otakon '06. I'm led to believe that KIBA has also been picked up by someone.

wow... a license shortly after haruhi's "first" season ended... not surprising, but kinda annoying for a license to happen that fast after a series.

SHADOW WARRIOR CHRONICLES! HOO-HA!

From ANN:

ADV to Release Utawarerumono (2006-08-05 12:41:20)
ADV announced that they have licensed Utawarerumono, which will be released in North America under the name Shadow Warrior Chronicles. It is expected to be released early 2007. [ discuss ]

FUCK YOU ADV. I woulda bought it too, but not with a gay-ass name like that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back