Licensed Anime

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.
QUOTE (rpgman1 @ Jul 3 2006, 03:25 PM) Bandai licensed .hack//Roots halfway through the series just like Geneon licensed Fate Stay Night halfway through the series.
Geneon didn't lisence it half-way man, they did it the moment it came out. What they do is they translate their own stuff, whatever they release they lisence and ship over here to Geneon USA, thats y its been lisenced since ep 1.

Its the same with Ergo Proxy, their the ones who put it out, so they just lisenced it themselves and shot it out the the sister company for dubbing.

And Bandai did .Hack// b/c .hack// is already pretty big here, so why wait for some other company to come scoop it up.

Tru that, exile.

Fate/stay night got pretty high in popularity when the project was introduced to Geneon. Geneon liked the story big time, and thought it would be a good idea to grab it first, and, at the same time, prevent any loss of money, whereas they helped out with the project (where Geneon's name stands in).

.hack//Roots - I heard from the guy at the Bandai booth that .hack//roots is still under management, without any licenses yet. But news is that it'll get scooped by Bandai before August. They have the license up for grabs right now, but no one's willing to take it yet.

i listed this anime b4 in one of my earlier posts, but it probably wasn't clear enough since there are a number of alternative titles for this one, so i guess i'll list one more anime by bandai:
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: A New Translation

aka

Zeta Gundam: A New Translation

I decided to mention it again since i saw .hack//roots and paniponi dash removed, but not this one. Also if i missed any anime licensed during anime expo 06, then here's a link of all the new licenses: Here

Thread is now pinned
since this is general information (speacially to new comers) and should be seen by all.

I went to the anime on dvd site, where they list stuff on the anime licenses, and they mentiond that bandai showed a trailer for mai otome, but hasnt decided on licensing yet. In my opinion, odds are their gonna license it since they licensed hime. They might inform the public later thus summer.

wait, Im confused. Is .hack//ROOTS licensed or not? Some people say, "yeah, for sure" but others say "maybe". Which one is it?????

As far as Suki goes, it is. And if im not mistaken (correct me if i am), FTV gets its anime from suki. So whatever is considered lisenced by animesuki.com, is considered lisenced here.

QUOTE (Blackrose098 @ Jul 5 2006, 12:56 AM) wait, Im confused. Is .hack//ROOTS licensed or not? Some people say, "yeah, for sure" but others say "maybe". Which one is it?????
It's not the case of a Maybe. Get this straight: .hack//Roots is "to be licensed". there is a license ON it, but Bandai only has a proportion of that license (Geneon was going to grab it too, but has dropped the licensed.) however it is, Bandai has the upper hand and will get the complete license sometime by the end of July i think.

if i'm not mistaken didn't bandai also licensed sign and key of the twilight (mabye forgot) so wouldn't they licensed it also didn't they also do the 4 games for .hack so would they also do the gu game too i kinda forgot since its soo long ago

yes, but that's old news. they got so far to even have GU premeired at the Anime Expo 2006 @ Anaheim. so pretty much, yeah, everything up to now was licensed.

wow wait i think that if the timeline stary correct that gu the 1st of the 3 disk comes out in nov or before in america i think or was that the 2ed one in jap. oh well

but yea i hate how they now jsut jump at everything i wouldn't mind so much if they have good people who understand it like have good voices keep the original and stuff so don't edit it all out than most people wouldn't mind but i mean look at naruto for voices and one piece for editing

not sure what you mean, but it's just up for grabs. even though it's licensed, we may never know when they'll actually start revising the things, such as the voices, the subbing, etc...

even so, you can't expect anymore. it just has to fit with america (at least that's what they think)

yea i know what you mean there isn't much of the people who watch anime out there do so by downloading it so to them more licenseing anime means more for them to enjoy and for the com. to get more money

also if you referaring to waht i was talking about with gu and disks its the game of .hack gu there are 3 disks in the total like the 4 games out in ps2 already in america like that but out in jap. right now hope i said what you didn't get if it wasn't that sorry than this part of my post is a complete waste of time i guess for you sorry

NEW UPDATE:
As of today, July 11, 2006, Beet the Vandel Buster has been licensed.
The information was provided by the Animenation news listing, it has been lisenced by the illumitoon studio (I've never heard of 'em before). So, there it is, another one taken down by "the man".

ahaha.. i knew something would come by that anime sooner or later....

... some man that person is ^.^

No prob MKK, will do from now on and i've edited my post
tongue.gif

Edit/Update: animesuki just put BTVB onto their licensed list too.
Update part II: Beet The Vandel Buster: Excellion has also been lisenced by illumitoon.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jul 3 2006, 02:57 PM) damn i can't believe they got the second season already...
sad.gif
hopefully whoever is/was subbing it will continue.

Although i hate to admit some of these anime, rules are rules:

4) .hack//roots--Bandai <----------NOOOOOOO The series is only halfway

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
NOOOOOOOOO!

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Jul 4 2006, 03:18 PM) They're doing it for the fans. Rather than downloading illegal videos, we can now go buy the DVDs and related merchandise. You should be happy when a show gets licensed! (Although it's a pain when you're only half way through and all the subs suddenly disappeaer, I know
dry.gif
)
*cough cough*
Travel to Norway, and look through the shops.
If you find much or any anime here, you're a hero...

Can count the amount of anime DVD's in my room, or that I own at all, on one hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back