Left For Dead

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

noob

±ⁿ°°ɓ±
Retired
Some new game released by Valve recently

L4D15.jpg

post your steamID or w/e if you want other people from this forums to play it with you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv_lqlWByyg

recently?
try fall 2008 lol.

anyway, i play. and not to brag, but i am one of the best of the best of the best w/ honors. i use the same name here as i do online. but unless you live on the far westside of north america, u probally wont be playing with me.

anyway.
funniest pic of left4dead ive seen:
left4deadwitchzoeybybar.jpg

and a pic i made:
left4southpark.jpg

That picture in the first post is pretty lame. No reason to shoot at the Witch if she's out of your way like that. Bill also seems to be missing. But yeah, I've been playing L4D for about 6 months now. It's not something I would particularly call "new".

I love playing as the infected though. I'm best as a hunter but can also cause serious problems as a boomer and smoker. Of course, who doesn't love to be the tank?
wink.gif

With L4D2 approaching, I've decided to share some of my "make the other team rage" scripts.

The following script is compatible and tested for PC version only.
CODE
alias "norm" "cl_crosshair_red 138; cl_crosshair_green 182; cl_crosshair_blue 220"
alias "diff" "cl_crosshair_red 255; cl_crosshair_green 0; cl_crosshair_blue 255"
alias _pillzzOFF "bind w +forward; _azz;normc"
alias _pillzzON "bind w +forward; azz; diff"
alias _autopillzzoff "_pillzzOFF"
alias _autopillzzon "_pillzzON"
alias azz "+pillzz"
alias _azz "-pillzz"
alias +pillzz "alias repeat_functionzz +repeatzz; +repeatzz"
alias -pillzz "alias repeat_functionzz stoprepeating"
alias repeat_functionzz "+repeatzz"
alias +repeatzz "vocalize playerspotpills; wait 30; -repeatzz"
alias -repeatzz "vocalize playerspotpills; wait 30; repeat_functionzz"
alias _toggle_pillzz autopillzzpistolON
alias autopillzzpistolON "_autopillzzoff; alias _toggle_pillzz autopillzzpistolOFF"
alias autopillzzpistolOFF "_autopillzzon; alias _toggle_pillzz autopillzzpistolON"
bind k _toggle_pillzz

Warning: The above code is extremely annoying and if your teammates are not your friends, you are most likely to get temp-banned from the server.

Its so unlike valve to make a sequel so soon, with them taking about 5 years + to make Half Life sequels lols

So what is to be the fate of Left 4 Dead 1? I'm glad I never bought it, $50 for a game that lasts for less than a year doesnt seem worth the value to me. Thank god for cracks and Garena lols

Very poor decision for Valve, Left 4 Dead 2 doesnt seem very unique and should of been more of a expansion opposed to a sequel=/

comparing company of heroes to left for dead, I'm pretty sure I for one, was ripped off.

l4d1d.jpg

Theres a Steam group with +15,000 members and growing each second that are boycotting the sequel, this is big specially for Valve since they got a great reputation with pleasing their customers.

Frankly, I agree with all their points, will this petition have any effect? Most likely yes, Valve may address more to the issue and try to calm their customers down. Will this delay/prevent L4D2's release? Very unlikely. But mind you, this petition is growing by 1000 people per day.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/L4D2boycott

i got the xbox 360 version i liked it very good even online was cool i seen it online i think its ok

ive said it before and i'll say it again: why is valve wasting their time on a L4D sequel when we have been so eagerly and patiently waiting for just an inkling of something on half-life 2 ep3? throw the dogs a bone already! L4D ought to have been one of those bonus freebies like in the orange box. L4D2 should be that way too, just as long as its development doesn't slow down hl2ep3.

QUOTE (huskyd2000 @ Jun 07 2009, 10:15 PM) ive said it before and i'll say it again:  why is valve wasting their time on a L4D sequel when we have been so eagerly and patiently waiting for just an inkling of something on half-life 2 ep3?  throw the dogs a bone already!  L4D ought to have been one of those bonus freebies like in the orange box.  L4D2 should be that way too, just as long as its development doesn't slow down hl2ep3.
Well I wouldnt say that Valve is wasting their time. I'm sure they have their reasons for focusing on Left 4 Dead. As stated by wikipedia, if they cant come up with ideas on how to implement certain aspects to their games or if the current technology contrains them in some ways, then they shelve the games and bring them back when the time is right and when new technology gives them more leeway. In this case, its safe to assume Episode 3 has been shelved for now.

And besides, Left 4 Dead is a amazing game, by far the 2nd best thing Valve has ever made right behind Half Life. Left 4 Dead is not something you put as an add on like Team Fortress in the Orange Box, its big enough to be its own franchise. I do disapprove their way of handling Left 4 Dead's updates and content, Left 4 Dead 1 had little to know updates besides the mediocre Survival mode.

But, to be honest, you might hate me for this, I'd rather have more Left 4 Dead than Half Life for the time being
unsure.gif
Mainly cause the recent Half Life episodes have been short (its understandable) though they are amazing to play, they have little replay value unlike Left 4 Dead which thrives on replay value.

I hope Valve uses the success of Left 4 Dead and implement some of its mechanics in Half Life. I wouldnt mind having a 4 party team (Gordon, Alyx, Vortigaunt, some random noob rebel soldierXD) in episode 3 fighting off a horde of Combines and Headcrab zombies
ph34r.gif

well we have to wait for second game of left 4 dead 2 to come i hope it be as good as the first

Here's an article fro Arstechnica regarding Valves decision for a sequel. Probably won't change most people's views though if they are already pissed about it.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/06...quel-to-ars.ars

But at the moment I don't really have much of an opinion about it. I had gotten L4D for my 360 for christmas but just never got around to playing it. Then I was talking to my friend and he said I should get on and play L4D with him over Live, but as luck would have it my system just had to get the red ring of death at that specific moment.

Making a sequel so soon is incredibly annoying no matter what they have got to say about it. Everything they've made could have easily been a part of another update. I've played COH and they did have amazingly large updates for free (even when they did expansion, they didn't force it onto the original users and the original users who didn't buy the expansion simply got a update of 5-6gig big) But compare valve to that.

As far as I can tell from all the anger out there, unless this Left 4 Dead 2 is super cheap unlike the $50 Left 4 Dead, Valve is gonna be in hot water. They will most likely lose money since no one will buy the sequel.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back