Kuragehime

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

ImTakes

sama
Retired
24865.jpg

Synopsis
The story centers around Tsukimi Kurashita, a huge fan of jellyfish (kurage, a wordplay on the "kura/mi" and "tsuki/ge" in her name) a girl who moves to Tokyo to become an illustrator. Amamizukan is an apartment complex where no boys are allowed. Kuragehime Tsukimi, who adores jellyfish, lives there happily with her friends who all have nerdy obsessions of their own. Their peaceful lives gradually start to change when a beautiful woman helps Tsukimi out of a pinch. She moves into the apartments -- but it turns out "she" is really a "he."
(Source: ANN)

Type: TV-noitaminA
Episodes: 11
Producers: Brains Base
Genres: Josei, Comedy
http://kuragehime.noitamina.tv/
Kuragehime is being directed by Omori Takahiro, who has previously directed Durarara!!, Natsume Yuujinchou, Baccano, and helped with the storyboards of Aria.

(Info. taken from MAL)

Characters & Voice Actors
Kurashita, Tsukimi - Hanazawa, Kana
Kuranosuke Koibuchi - Saiga, Mitsuki
Chieko-Saitou, Kimiko
Mayaya-Okamura, Akemi
Banba-san-Kumai, Motoko

Preview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD_3JXB9Dvw
My Thoughts...
Though the preview does not show much, this is the one I have been anticipating the most. It looks like it will be a fun story with great characters. The character design is interesting and I am sure it will add to the enjoyment of it all. I can't say any more since I gotta watch the first episode but I am sure it will be a good one to watch this Fall of 2010.
Here are some more PVS...for those of you who care to take a look-see.
wink.gif

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=260989

See you after episode one airs! Can't wait!
tongue.gif

This seems interesting
laugh.gif
. So she is a he? I don't want to know what kind of trouble there can come from this...just think of the bathroom to start with..

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Oct 11 2010, 10:12 AM) This seems interesting
laugh.gif
. So she is a he? I don't want to know what kind of trouble there can come from this...just think of the bathroom to start with..
Haha! Who knows, since it has not yet aired but I heard the manga has won awards. I think the girls living in those apartments, are gonna have a field day trying to figure it all out.
tongue.gif
I hope it will prove to be funny since it sounds funny.
wink.gif

Ah! This looks like a flippin' interesting ordeal. I think that I might give this a shot. Ya know... I was looking for something around this time of year to scratch the itch that NANA left behind... if the pics are any indication, I think that I'll like it. The art style will totally pull me in nowadays because of how different it looks. Kinda how I'm following another "over-the-top" series at the moment. >_>; ... *cough*Guilty Pleasure*cough*

On any account, I will give the first ep a go and most likely be stuck from day 1. I'm finding more time for anime again... woot!

lol, seems pretty random I haven't had a look at anything from the new season so far, Think i will wait till a few episodes are out of each and have a mini marathon/review session
happy.gif

It's good! I'm glad I didn't read this thread before I started watching so the surprise was still a surprise. Though I figured it out as soon as Kuranosuke appeared on screen anyway. It's going to be fun to see how he shakes up the world of these girls who are far too comfortable in their unhealthy lifestyles.

The OP and ED are good too.

"Okaasan! There are beautiful manly Princesses!" What a riot!
laugh.gif

Absolutely love it!
tongue.gif
"The girls" aka "The Amars" all sweet, funny and very nerdy and very peculiar. All of these little whims add to their sweetness. I was smiling the whole time I was watching. The scene with Tsukimi-chan and Kalala was just too kawaii for words! And what of talking to chic boys? Heaven forbid! Hilarious! And of course, what of the fuzzy and very chic ...what were those spotted hot pants? This is hands down, my favorite series for this otherwise, lackluster, Fall season... Aside from Letter Bee Reverse. Well, worth the wait and looking forward to more.
wink.gif
tongue.gif

BTW: Someone is a fan of The Twelve Kingdoms or is it Souten Kouro?
rolleyes.gif

I think she's a fan of Romance of the Three Kingdoms, which is different from the Twelve Kingdoms.
It was a good debut episode, I like Tsukimi's character. I can relate a bit, to how she felt when she was around lots of "chic people" downtown. Although, I don't freak out and run home when it happens
tongue.gif
But sometimes I look really frumpy compared to European women who dress up even to go to the supermarket.
I also get nervous when I have to talk to "chic" boys, but again, not nearly as much as Tsukimi was lol.
I'm definitely going to keep watching, this seems like a keeper.

This was a fun first episode
laugh.gif
. Tsukimi was very good as the main character. I really felt sorry for her that she seems to be afraid of people. The other characters were somewhat flat compared to her but since it is only the first episode that could change easily. Let's hope that our main male character can help them to get more comfortable around other people. He sure seems capable too.
laugh.gif

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Oct 15 2010, 04:56 PM)"Okaasan! There are beautiful manly Princesses!" What a riot! :lol:
Absolutely love it! :p "The girls" aka "The Amars" all sweet, funny and very nerdy and very peculiar. All of these little whims add to their sweetness. I was smiling the whole time I was watching. The scene with Tsukimi-chan and Kalala was just too kawaii for words! And what of talking to chic boys? Heaven forbid! Hilarious! And of course, what of the fuzzy and very chic ...what were those spotted hot pants? This is hands down, my favorite series for this otherwise, lackluster, Fall season... Aside from Letter Bee Reverse. Well, worth the wait and looking forward to more. ;) :p
BTW: Someone is a fan of The Twelve Kingdoms or is it Souten Kouro? :rolleyes:
You were smiling too?! Me too~ I loved it to so much. o:
This is going to be a favorite of mine this season as well also aside from Tegami Bachi.
I love Tsukimi, and Kana's voice fits so perfect. The cuteness was overwhelming and I love that we have more of a mature story here without it being too serious and leaving out the cuteness. Can't wait to see the reaction of the rest of the girls in the house. ^___^

Not really that great. Pretty uninteresting. Sure the fun at the end when that girl notices hes a guy was fun, but except for that it was totally lame. Ill probably drop this if it doesnt get better next ep.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Oct 17 2010, 10:33 AM) Not really that great. Pretty uninteresting. Sure the fun at the end when that girl notices hes a guy was fun, but except for that it was totally lame. Ill probably drop this if it doesnt get better next ep.
Bah! ^ I so cannot relate to your commentary...maybe, it's a guy thing!
tongue.gif
But heck no! Especially, since two other guys in here liked it...anyway, I love it and find it to be unique since when have we ever watched a series about female otakus? I haven't.
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif
On a more somewhat, serious note, I am getting a good education on the life of Jellyfish and the various types too. Way to go, Tsukimi-chan!

This show....is ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS. It had me laughing the entire time and I really love the art for this show. I had quite high expectations coming into this show and really glad it delivered. Great trap show, characters are unique and amusing to no end. Story is a bit weak at the moment, but I'm sure it will develop shortly.

Animation is top notch coming from Brains Base, and although the music isn't great, the OP video is absolutely hilarious and great. The cast is not a full star lineup but they've done a very good job thus far. Art style is also unique with hilarious drawings (especially the jellyfish references). It's a shame the second episode is delayed until the end of this week though. Hope to see more soon as well as a good story to develop. However, it is currently by far the best show this season, less sequels. Even with sequels, I'm sure it is better than most if not all at the moment.

Preliminary Expectation: High
Preliminary Score: 9/10

QUOTE It's a shame the second episode is delayed until the end of this week though.

So that's why I can't find it...

Kinda like how the girls are total nerds instead of the much more common otaku-but-cute characters that I frequently see. No, I'm not saying this because of Oreimo. Cute Fujoshis/nerds/geek girls have been around for a long time now. It's sort of a Cinderella thing, or better put, like Ugly Betty.

I found it less funny but more endearing instead, though. It's like, I finally get that "fuwa fuwa" feeling that moetards supposedly get from K-On.

EDIT:

Oh, and don't forget the delicious trap.

I thought it was really mean of the girls to leave him during the meal, because they felt uncomfortable. He was trying to be really friendly with them after all. I understand that they are socially awkward, but for a 'stylish' person he is very nice. They seemed to accept him easily at the end when he brings them the good beef.
tongue.gif

Thats kinda shallow, but I do understand what its like to be poor (as a student) and I'd be happy for some expensive meat too.
The episode was great though, I had to laugh when Tsukimi kept running in and out of her room because she was too shy to see Kuranosuke.
laugh.gif

As for romance... hmm well it could happen. I'm not sure what direction this show is going in at the moment.

Thats kinda shallow, but I do understand what its like to be poor (as a student) and I'd be happy for some expensive meat too.

The way to fujoshi's hearts is through their stomach? [Greater chance through their hobbies though.]

Dropped it after 5 min of ep 2 since its still totally uninteresting and not the least bit funny or whatever this show should be. The characters are all total boring after you saw 1 min of them and the animation it totally horrible.

Not going to waste more time on this.

Hmm, until the last part i liked episode 2. Suddenly they change from apprehensive (or better said mean) to acceptance because of high class meat..that was just to sudden. Still most of the episode was funny with Tsukimi running in and out of her room. Hopefully we do get some romance: it would be fun to see how Tsukimi would react to that..especially when it is from Kuranosuke.

Considering how much practiced work they put into getting half-priced old meat, I can definitely see how the offer of quality beef could make them kick their principals to the curb. Kuranosuke really is a princess, isn't he? That's quite a mansion he lives in.

Best scene in the episode was Mayaya freaking out over Moe Zhuge Liang gum.

QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Oct 31 2010, 07:02 AM)Considering how much practiced work they put into getting half-priced old meat, I can definitely see how the offer of quality beef could make them kick their principals to the curb. Kuranosuke really is a princess, isn't he? That's quite a mansion he lives in.

Totally agree with you there, A~san...a good piece of meat is always good and to eat? Hell, even moreso.
tongue.gif
With the way the girls drooled while looking the pricey meat over, at the grocery store, it's no wonder their loyalties were tossed aside once cutie-pie, Kuranosuke-kun shared the goods. I can see solid friendships forming as a result.
rolleyes.gif
Yep, quite a mansion...his older bro is of interest to me.

QUOTE Hopefully we do get some romance: it would be fun to see how Tsukimi would react to that..especially when it is from Kuranosuke.
I had the same feeling while watching episode two, I thought I posted that prior but my post seems to have gone missing...ah well.
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, it would be fun to see a sorta "girl meets boy dressed as a girl who's really a boy and likes girls" scenario. But what the hell do I know? Anyway, we shall see what's in store as more fun rolls our way...
wink.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back