home page looked better before

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
small issue I noticed on IE8: when you come back from the full-page ad that pops up once and a while, the FTV header and menus are off the top of the screen. You can see the bottom half of the menu bar and navigate the menus that way, but can't read their main label b/c its cut off on the top of the page.

edit: BTW, I definitely like moving the series browsing into that bar. It used to take up a toooon of front page space.

Well I did like it untill this happened for me... ^^ my firefox that is broken? ._,)

also it would be nice if the "Anime" tag would be clickable,
the one above the recently replied threads. ^^

QUOTE (Enjeh @ Apr 13 2011, 07:31 PM) Well I did like it untill this happened for me... ^^ my firefox that is broken? ._,)

also it would be nice if the "Anime" tag would be clickable,
the one above the recently replied threads. ^^
Yea, that's what happens when the dropdown menu fails to fully load... so I added some code that eliminates the dropdown in the event of a menu failure.

The forum headers should now be linked.

QUOTE (daft27 @ Apr 13 2011, 05:05 PM) Is that Opera for Windows?
Yeah. Seems to be loading fine now, though. Temp. bug?

May be related to what wedora's talking about...

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Apr 13 2011, 08:37 PM) Yeah. Seems to be loading fine now, though. Temp. bug?

May be related to what wedora's talking about...
Yea, there was a problem with the way that IE8 (in compatibility mode) and Opera was handling margins. I just switched over to the layout code used on the other pages, and that appeared to solved things.

Awesome! The front page's really starting to shape up, looking great! I still do hope you find a way to integrate the banner somehow. At the very least we should try to come up with something more cool-looking to replace/complement the current text banner.

Gimme the dimensions and I'll see if I can come up with something for the banner sometime next week.

I believe the short form of the current banner is width:269px, height:45px. It's not necessary to stick to those exact dimensions, but something close to that would probably be good in that corner.

Oh, placing the banner animation over the announcment was a good idea. Anyway just logged into ftv from my university where speed is kinda sad, and the loading speed via both opera and ie improved by a lot. So thats nice for low speed people. Sad that I cant help with anything but just making a few comments at this period... Too much load from university again. If stuff is still going on after the 18th here I'll be available.
------------
While was thinking what else could be done to improve the website. Stumbled on something that is not exactly about the index but i think pretty important. Since the index was changed, shouldn't the Episodes\Episodes guide pages layout be changed after the index is done as well? Since they shared the layout at the beginning.
Example episodes: http://anime.fansub.tv/episodes.php/1623/Giant_Killing/
Same for the recommendations page:
http://anime.fansub.tv/recommendations.php.../Giant_Killing/

QUOTE (Nioki @ Apr 14 2011, 05:30 AM) Oh, placing the banner animation over the announcment was a good idea. Anyway just logged into ftv from my university where speed is kinda sad, and the loading speed via both opera and ie improved by a lot. So thats nice for low speed people. Sad that I cant help with anything but just making a few comments at this period... Too much load from university again. If stuff is still going on after the 18th here I'll be available.
------------
While was thinking what else could be done to improve the website. Stumbled on something that is not exactly about the index but i think pretty important. Since the index was changed, shouldn't the Episodes\Episodes guide pages layout be changed after the index is done as well? Since they shared the layout at the beginning.
Example episodes: http://anime.fansub.tv/episodes.php/1623/Giant_Killing/
Same for the recommendations page:
http://anime.fansub.tv/recommendations.php.../Giant_Killing/
Those two pages (episodes.php and recommendations.php) will probably be served via Ajax to the series page. Although still functionally important, they're more or less considered support details.

A small note: the latest post summary you get when mousing over on the front page doesn't take account of spoiler tags.

If there's something missing in the new format that was in the old one, it'd be the server status and download statistic pages that were at the bottom-left of the old style page (or was it at the very bottom...?). Most people don't care much about these two pages that have disappeared, but I do take a look every now and then. Especially when a particular part of the website is not working correctly, I look to see if there are any servers reporting problems. I believe you were planning on updating certain things with the servers so I guess this can wait til' after or so.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back