High School DxD: Hero

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
It was a nice feature indeed to be able to borrow other sacred gears. Raiser is way too strong for him though. Even if he can get stronger i can't imagine him being able to defeat something that regenerate. Or can his boosted gear use the power that Raiser has to get his own regeneration?
The next episode does seem predictable...hopefully the writers can make it interesting..

http://hatsuyuki-fansubs.com/
A mini special was just subbed. I already know who is gonna love this one...Woofie?
tongue.gif

The title is of course; "We're going Sunbathing" Amusing title since many of us fans have already seen the girls in their birthday suits but will be nice to see my ero-lolo Issei and the blond bishounen Kiba, in their speedos? Maybe?
tongue.gif

Yes Aya-tan I did see it and quite frankly it felt like it was going to end up that way. Although who would of thought that sun tan oil was that slippery.

If it was me I would of taken a bit of what a certain girl did in another series and pour the oil on her back and then start rubbing, but that's just me.
tongue.gif

Although it was kind fo interesting as to how he ended up inbetween Rias and Asia like that and saying he was in hell. Although it was smart for him to say that, but it wasn't enough to save him it seems.
rolleyes.gif

Well, I had a good laugh over my ero-lolo's escapades with the suntan oil and those "slippery slopes" of both Rias-chan and Asia-chan. It was too funny to see the three of them slippin and slidin and all while taking in some sun. The swimsuits were not much of a surprise either for Rias or A-chan...Kiba was cute though, in his speedos.
wink.gif

Issei-kun, I could not check him out but his board shorts were suitable but then he went slidin in them and it was downhill from there.
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

Well after seeing epsidoe 12 only one thing comes to mind here, and that's please let there be a season two here.
laugh.gif

In any case to think that Issei-kun was actually a dragonboy to begin with. So that means he was a demon to begin with but didn't even know about it until after becoming a salve for Rias though.
tongue.gif

Still I was supprised as to how the fight between Raiser and Iseei-kun turned out here, and not only that but even Raiser's imouto stepping him to keep from from taking out her brother like that only to blush at the thing he said to her in the end of that fight. It looks like he might actually work his way into getting a harem somewhere down the line if he keeps at it, and doesn't have to bail out his dear Rais all the time.
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

I must say that a second season would be nice. Still if it does get a second season it does i hope it won't go down the line like Rosario + Vampire.
Issei had a nice fight in the end with indeed a possibility of a harem.
In all it was a nice enough series with some good characters like Asia.
So maybe a 7.5 out of 10 is a good score.

Finally I watched the last ep of this show. Dunno why it took me that long but this show was strange to watch to begin with. I really liked the show but it was somehow always the last one I watch.

I really liked that the fight wasnt as Deus Ex-ish as I thought it would be. Instead of Issei beeing completely overpowered and somehow winning just with his feelings for Rias he used his wits and was able to defeat Riser.

Overall it was a really good show with lots of good characters (Rias, Akeno, Aria, Issei, Raynelle, Lunabella), nice action, good comedy and a lot of hot fanservice. Even the story was pretty good even though its obvious that this was only a introductionary season.

Only downpoint was that Rias fell in love with Issei since Im a hardcore Otaku in that point.

8/10 from me.

High School DxD aired during the Winter 2012 anime season and was simulcasted and licensed for US distribution by Funimation Entertainment. A story that tells about Issei Hyoudou being reincarnated as a devil thanks to Rias Gremory. The show leaves an initial impression of the typical "ecchi romance comedy" title close to that of the recent Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou, Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi, or even Kaibutsu Oujo given its similar setup. However, only by watching the full show does the "truth" of the show reveals itself.

Story wise, the show lacked much of a direction overall. This is likely due to how short the anime is and the amount of setup time required for the show thereby only covering the "beginning arcs" of the source material. Pacing wise, however, it does fine job with nothing notably rushed and it actually keeps the ecchi material "relevant" rather than pointless for the most pat.

Animation wise is very solid. TNK is the same studio who worked on Kannazuki no Miko, Busou Shinki Moon Angel and School Days. The studio definitely has come a long way since they began. Crisp and fluid motions along were evident though character designs felt overly repetitive. The biggest flaw in animation was in the final episode where Issei's arm should have been "claimed by the dragon" yet he still had his normal arm in the epilogue. Not sure if this was due to poor explanation regarding the contract or whether this was just poor animation.

OP was a good theme overall but I preferred the ED theme much more featuring the new seiyuu idol group StylipS. Study x Study is a great catchy theme even though it felt out of place from the rest of the show. It created an "interesting" ED video though if you must given the chess theme throughout the entire show. Seiyuu wise was pretty average for this show. No one really stood out.

Enjoyment? The show started off as a typical ecchi romance comedy title, which provided me little incentive to really watch this. It took a while for this show to get its act together and "get serious. In the end, this show ended up being a lot more interesting than I had gave it credit for. While jumpy, it had a much more interesting setup than many of its recent predecessors. It also managed to strike a proper balance between ecchi and action, something that many shows of the same genre fail to do. If I recall correctly, I don't think there was a single ecchi scene in the main episode of the finale (less flashbacks and epilogue).

Overall, the show is by no means a gem but it was certainly far better than anticipated. It's not exactly a title that must be rewatched but it at least recommendable to fans of the genre.

Preliminary Score: 6/10
Final Score: 6/10....I considered giving it a 7, but...

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Mar 26 2012, 10:57 AM) I must say that a second season would be nice.
In all it was a nice enough series with some good characters like Asia.
So maybe a 7.5 out of 10 is a good score.
A second season has been confirmed as the Specials just wrapped up...six in all. The first OVA was released and rumor has it that the second OVA airs in May 2013...just ask Woofie.
tongue.gif
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=487207
Expect season two in January 2013.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-...gets-2nd-season

Yes the first OVA did come out the other day and I managed to watch it. Pretty much seeing Rias and her crew in action. Along with Issei-kun perving it up once again too.
tongue.gif

From the looks of it there will be one more OVA before the second season comes about. So I'm looking foward to seeing the second OVA before the second season though.
wink.gif

As for the OVA itself I have to say that it felt like a moral delema just for Issei-kun alone. I mean he could of least that breast enhancing monster go and allow evey female to no longer worry about her breast size. The down side is that there would be no way that Issei-kun could do anything about it, and top it all off it might end up killing off the breast fetish for most guys becuase of that monster.
tongue.gif

@ Woofie...A moral dilemma? Since when?
rolleyes.gif
Perhaps so for all the pervs out there like adorable Issei-kun. I was hoping we could get more of that rascally baddie that Rias-chan sent back into the bowels of the underworld. He was an interesting character...maybe it was a teaser of sorts and we may be made privy to more of him in season II.
wink.gif

Despite all the boobs and panty shots, it is still a fun watch with memorable characters who seem to just have loads of fun hamming it up for us ecchi fans. My two favorite characters as far as the females go, continue to be Koneko-chan and Asia-chan. Issei-kun is still fun to watch and I hope he grows up quick before his ecchi brain turns to perv-ecchi mush.
tongue.gif

Yes it wouldve been great if the they let the monster live because it would mean no more lolis and no more annoying little-breast-complexes.

In terms of characters my favorite one is Akeno. Rias a pretty good too, Issei the same, Asia is ok, Koneko mostly annoying and Kiba is my least favorite one because he isnt even a character. He has no own own personality, hes just some slave who does what Rias tells him.

The first season of this series was great to watch in one sitting, I'm so glad to have watched the Blu-Ray versions, I'm not sure how different they are to the TV versions particularly to the AT-X versions, if there was any to begin with.

I'm really hoping the 2nd season will continue to flesh out the Highschool DxD universe created in the light novels and I hope the anime never deviates because the characters introduced and developed in the light novels are great. So, I'm hoping season 2 will get more than 20 episodes, which is somewhat unlikely considering the show is incredibly ecchi and the 1st season being only 12 episodes but its happened before, where the 2nd season has more or almost or almost double the amount of episodes compared to its 1st season (or previous season).

I think the 2nd season will either start in Spring or Summer 2013, I'm hoping it will start earlier in the Spring season but I guess I have the light novels to read if I wanted to know more.

The 1st season was very entertaining and the ecchi doses were greatly appreciated, I'm rating this series a 8.5/10 and I'm hoping the BD specials and the OVA episode are just as good. I'll comment here after I've watched them.

Gonna be nice to see my ero-lolo Issei once more!
tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif

Who knows what nefarious creatures he will be "taking on this time around." A third season has just been announced and I hope it will be just as fun and ecchi and silly and dangerous as the last two seasons have been.
wink.gif

I know that a certain Mod herein (looking at my favorite, Woofie-san)
wub.gif
is gonna have fun looking at, commenting on, and praising certain busty heroines.
tongue.gif

63555_zps8f0e63ee.jpg

From MAL:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/24703/High_Sc..._DxD_3rd_Season

If Yaya is watching an ecchi harem, then I think it may be one I have to give a shot as I've stopped watching the genre for the most part. Haven't watched any of the first or second season.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Jun 18 2014, 05:13 PM) If Yaya is watching an ecchi harem, then I think it may be one I have to give a shot as I've stopped watching the genre for the most part.  Haven't watched any of the first or second season.
Haha!
tongue.gif
Barbo-san! Can you believe it? I am a big fan of the show too...yeah, there have been times when I rolled my eyes at the boobs in my face but I let it pass since the girls are fun and smart and not silly or clingy, for the most part anyway. I remember Senpai and Woofie made fun of me when I jumped on board when season one was airing and were amused to find me enjoying the series.

My favorite female character, Rias, is the redhead beauty with brawn, boobs, brains, and riches...helps too that her older brother is way hot demon style, of course.

And last but certainly not least, my ero-lolo, Issei-kun.
wink.gif
A healthy, rambunctious boyo with an over-the-top libido that he uses to save the girls and the world. Despite his craziness when sex-crazed, he has never once attempted to rape them nor use vulgar language when admiring their charms. I think that's why I find him so cute...
wink.gif

I hope you will give it a try Big Red as it would be a blast to chat with you and get your take on the ecchi demon harem world they cavort in.
tongue.gif

... Wait they are going to do a 3rd season!?
blink.gif

In any case it's about time you know, since the storyline was kind of getting really good as of late now.
tongue.gif

So a third season. Hmm, it could be good if they can keep the storyline going. However i fear that it will start to hamper at the story and focus more on being ecchi. Let's see what comes of it.
smile.gif

72294_zpsp3bwp2zh.jpg

High School DxD BorN

The third season of High School DxD based on the light novel series by Ichiei Ishibumi. Same cast of funny and ecchi characters with lots of fun, action and good ol' fashioned teenaged boy silliness from the boy hero, Issei-kun.
QUOTE (nijlandp @ Jun 20 2014, 10:31 AM)So a third season. Hmm, it could be good if they can keep the storyline going. However i fear that it will start to hamper at the story and focus more on being ecchi. Let's see what comes of it. 
smile.gif

Haha....I already know that a certain Woofie is fine with the ecchi. The first episode had our boy hero drowning in it but he and the rest of the gang seemed to redeem themselves in the second episode of the third season.
wink.gif

The focus seems to be for now on just who Koneko-chan is and her origins. Seems her "dark neko" sister is seeking to be reunited with her but to what end?

All remains to be seen.

QUOTE Barbo-san..Highschool DxD is still a show that's on my list of "Have to get around to watching". I have access to it all either dubbed or subbed from my Funi sub, but just haven't gotten around to doing it yet. Also not sure if I should go dubbed or subbed as I've heard good things about the dub, but that's a question for when I finally start watching.
Ah...Barbo-san! I told Jason about your possible venture into all things HS DxD...his reply?

QUOTE Jason on MAL:
Barbo's high opinion of you, after discovering you're watching a shameful x lewd ecchi harem, must have caused some conflict within.
Had a good chuckle over that but well, since we go way back...I ain't worried about your losing respect.
tongue.gif
Anyway...let's see what transpires once you wade into the waters of all things that Underworld ecchiness has to offer.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back