Genshinken

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Repede

-san
Kouhai
AND a manga sequel at that.

Description of the original Genshiken.

230px-Genshiken_vol1_cover.jpg

"t's the spring of freshman year, and Kanji Sasahara is in a quandary. Should he fulfill his long-cherished dream of joining an otaku club? Saki Kasukabe also faces a dilemma. Can she ever turn her boyfriend, anime fanboy Kousaka, into a normal guy? Kanji triumphs where Saki fails, when both Kanji and Kousaka sign up for Genshiken: The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture.

Undeterred, Saki chases Kousaka through the various activities of the club, from costume-playing and comic conventions to video gaming and collecting anime figures--learning more than she ever wanted to about the humorous world of the Japanese fan..."

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-...as-genshiken-ii

Chapter 57 and 58 are out.

I am so freaking excited. That manga was so freaking good. I have read it at least 3 times. Not to mention we get a manga sequel, not a crappy anime sequel like most mangas.

I have yet to read 57 and 58, since I will re-read it again. Is anyone else really excited about this?

Like I am at work right now, and I can't even concentrate of how excited I am. Sadly I got a huge statistic project so I need to finish that before I begin to re-read this, but god damn it. HELL YEAH.

Im not as excited as you are, since your excite seems simialr to how i was when Judge was annouced. But yeah this is a pleasing thing. Should be good hopefully
biggrin.gif
But like you im going have to reread the god dmaned thing since its been awhile lol

BTW i corrected the title and desription of the thread
biggrin.gif

That's cool.

But yeah man. Genshinken was so good, it even inspired an anime from an anime whithin the manga. It was bad...but still.

I'll start re-reading tomorrow, as I only slept 4 hours last night.

Well I just finished re-reading the whole thing, and all I can say is that I am very impressed.

This manga is one of the best things I read, I could go as far as saying it is actually better than Ichigo 100%.

I am really looking forward tot he new chapters, I do hope the author will turn it into a full series and get it to 100+ chapters.

I also didn't even know they had an anime, so I will go ahead and buy that next year as a present to myself. The two seasons + Kiujubi Unbalance comes up to $120 in amazon.

Well this is awesome. In chapter 36 there are a bunch of mini stories of Genshiken drawn by different manga artist. I can't believe I didn't realize the first time. I got wind of this as soon as I saw the style of Sayonara Setsubou Sensei.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back