GENERAL MUSIC

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (askara @ Dec 15 2010, 08:00 AM) anyone know any Japanese music site that you can follow the latest music? eg music weekly music chart and stuff. can be both japanese and english.
Oricon usually has daily and weekly rankings. Site is in Japanese but is pretty easy to figure out. Nigihana is a good community to join if you want to keep up to date on the latest music.

I'm looking for something new to listen to that sounds like plain white T's, Owl City or Amy Meredith. It has to be somewhat upbeat (cuz i'm planning on listening to this to stop myself from killing myself while studying for my exams), does not have to be indie but the less pop-ish it is the better.

Also, if this is in the wrong section - please move it.

I think House of Balloons is one of two R & B albums in our top ten so far in 2011, while two of the four first examined the best news so far this year is the hip hop album to come out for a year where a rap albums (Kanye West My beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy) ended the year at No. 1 The rest of this year's top ten is completed by the electronica, hardcore, indie folk, electronica and other genres, giving an unusually diverse group. And there are more artists on our list of Top 40 with their first album, including 21 years of techno artist Nicolas Jaar, the new hip-hop group Shabazz Palaces, and Danish Ice Age adolescents. Veterans are also well represented with 70 years of Paul Simon cap the other end of the age spectrum

Well since im continuing my catch up sessions, that includes music. So ive recently been listening to my fav band Symphony X since they have had a new album out: http://www.last.fm/music/Symphony+X/Iconoclast i think its pretty brilliant, the sound is similar to their previous album Paradise Lose, but its just sooo better, so many good songs, plus i brought the 2disk special edition so its even better with 4 added tracks, just wish i could of gone see them live, so i hope they do another European tour again once they finish the US one but i doubt that :'(

Does anyone else listen to a band called Van Canto? If you havnt heard of them they are Metal A Cappella and i think they are just brilliant, got good covers of Battery, Wishmaster, Kings of Metal, Fear of the Dark and Master of Puppets, plus their original stuff is damned cool too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shw3lYC6DsY

Was wondering if you guys could recommend me some good Japanese, Christmas themed music, pop or anything else. Really need that XD.

Was wondering if anyone had the Masquarade Ball Chorus Battle songs, from round 1 and round 2 (at least the winners) or a copy of the original google spreadsheet with the links to every song :C
Would be really grateful, considering I didnt hear most of the songs of round 1, and I basically skipped round 2

Ah. I've actually been looking for this kind of thread for a while!
I'd love to share some great musical influences of mine, but I don't have anyone IRL I can do so with. =P

MitiS & MaHi - Blu

Listen to it on YouTube. It's so happy and wonderful! I can't help but smile every single time i hear it and want to dance! It's so upbeat and cheerful! It would go great with some kind of happy-go-lucky anime I am sure! =D

Mikumix.com

That whole site is just wonderful. I can't recall how many late evenings I have spent there merely listening to the wonderful music of the Music and Guest Book sections. The other musical pieces are great as well, but the Music and Guest Book section just grant me this state of benevolence and serenity. Almost a lethargic state as I get so incredibly relaxed and my mind just drifts away far from here. Far from the world and to a perfect place where everything is just dandy!

Please listen to them! =)

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back