General Games Discussion

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Guys, know any website that contains a database on Doujin soft released throughout the different comikets [with complete information on the games and devs, including possible Eng - patches included], similar to baka - updates?

BTW, any good doujin soft recommendations? [No, no fighting games like Melty Blood of EFZ. No shooters either. It's easy to find info on these.]

Preferably adventure games. Even rpgs are welcome. I'd love roguelikes/wrpg style games.

QUOTE (khael @ May 11 2010, 05:31 AM) Preferably adventure games. Even rpgs are welcome. I'd love roguelikes/wrpg style games.
Not doujin, but utterly ignored in the Western world are Falcom games. From those I tried, I recommend Ys VI, Ys - Oath in Felghana and Ys: Origin, as well as the more diablo-like Xanadu: NEXT. Good fan-forum with Eng patch info: http://seldane.proboards.com/index.cgi

Wind Fantasy (a.k.a. 风色幻想) games are decent SLGs, if you can read Chinese.

There's a cool Gundam RTS in the works for Spring engine. http://www.moddb.com/games/gundam-rts

Thanks for that post Ausdo. Too bad I missed it.

I've been seeing Ys titles on the DS and for a long time now thought that they were Yu Gi Oh games without even bothering to check. FATAL ERROR. [Stupid of me yes]

Anyway, one of the games I've been playing regularly aside from adventures/rpgs/roguelikes is Ultimate Knight Windom XP.

You might recall it as Bootfighter. It was translated by Mirrormoon a few years back IIRC.

Anyway, I've been playing this for I don't know how many years now [on and off, not everyday] and I just recently found out that this game has mech mods. FFS MECH MODS. I've currently gotten Big O and Big Duo [OH LAWD] and a bunch of gundam and macross mechs.

Anyone else played this? Also, anyone of you guys still have the "Gundam Clone" mod?

EDIT:

Ausdo, I realized that Falcom also did the Zwei games. I saw both on bitgamer and mourned the lack of an english translation and my inability to read glorious nipponese.

Also, can you specify which of the Ys games and other Falcom games have translation patches?

I've played bootfighter, but that was a while back. It's great for short-lived fun but I never found anyone to play it with so wasn't that great w/o MP.

PC Eng patches exist for YS6, Ys: Oath in Felghana, Ys 1&2 Eternal. as well as most older games for SNES; Ys: Origin and XANADU: NEXT are in the works. I don't know about other games, but I believe I saw a Brandish 2 patch. The ppl at the foru mI linked you to will probably know more that I do, those are some hardcore FALCOM fans.

Will go and lurk the place. Thanks a lot.

It's been utterly confusing, looking for Ys games, what with all the ports and remakes. This has got to be the most ported/remade game series.

Also, just found out about that Spring Engine and the Gundam RTS. Seems tons better than Gundamcraft. Can't wait to play!

And if you find more interesting stuff, just gimme a heads up. I might not be able to play or watch immediately but rest assured, I will.

Finally, should I play the DS Ys Legends Books I and II or Ys Eternal I and II Complete for the PC? Have you tried the latest, DS version? From what I read at ALoY, there was new content in the DS remake, but it seems the Ys fans hated it, so I'm kinda unsure what to do. It seems the recent DS remake also has a PC port titled Ys Chronicles I and II which is untranslated.

I'm utterly oblivious to any DS ports since I don't have one.

Ys Eternal I and II Complete for PC are great remakes of the old games that keep the traditional combat system.

YS6 is OK but being the first serious PC port has a few things I don't quite like. YS: Oath in Felghana on the other hand is great. I also loove Origins but it doesn't have an English patch yet, and I'd recommend to play some other Ys games first.

And yes, Gundam RTS will be awesome when/if fully released.

A French guy seems to be making an English patch for Origins. While waiting for it, I plan to play the other Ys games first. I'll play them by numbering. Too bad Ys V for the SNES doesn't have a patch. Aeon Genesis seems to be working on it but it's stuck at 80% progress lul. Too bad.

EDIT: Oh, and on the RTS. So the thing I'm downloading right now, it's not the game itself? I'm talking about the 260mb download. It's just a demo? Damn cockblock if it is.

EDIT: Installed it, it's working. It seems you need to install the C++ AI if you want AI. Too bad my connection's too unstable for online play. Will try plugging it to the Uni students in the building.

QUOTE It's just a demo?

It's a Beta.

QUOTE It seems you need to install the C++ AI if you want AI.

The AI that came with the package worked fine for me.

QUOTE Too bad Ys V for the SNES doesn't have a patch.

I played a bit in Japanese and meh - too much Zelda.

Well, you're right about that. Started playing the first Ys. Tried it out on the DS first and I'd say, it really does have that Zelda feel. The one on the DS feels like the Zelda DS games if you play using the touch screen.

Looks like I'll probably enjoy playing these games.

The AI that came with the package worked fine for me.

Tried playing it. LOL even at Very Easy level I still get pwnt hard. I can't seem to find the Zeon base anywhere and all I can see is those damned Zeon elevators, which keep sprouting back no matter how many I destroy.

I'd say, this is a very promising project. Good thing it's limited to UC timeline. That way the mechs will be much more balanced than if they decided to incorporate other timelines.

Yes! I finally found the most hilarious FF video I've seen long ago but lost track of. This one cracks me up every time, although it's probably FFIX fans who'd get the most fun out of it. It's in Japanese though. Here it is! FFIX full-voice version!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYhqn4UPlDc

So I bought Serious Sam 3 on a Steam sale, and the game kicks the usual amount of ass (i.e. a LOT). Anyone here play this game? Hit me up for some co-op!

In case some of you haven't heard of it so far, in August Namco Bandai will release Dark Souls for the PC
smile.gif
My body is ready
cool.gif

QUOTE (JunMisugi @ Apr 14 2012, 02:00 AM) In case some of you haven't heard of it so far, in August Namco Bandai will release Dark Souls for the PC
smile.gif
My body is ready
cool.gif

kasjlkasjfklasfj DO WANT :333333333333333333 Namdai is totally cashing me out
tongue.gif

Desho desho!!!! Btw Dark Souls for pc will also have some new content, like a new chapter and new enemies :3

I'm probs the only nerd whos isnt darkzoul gasming.. I havent played any of it XD is it any good? XD

Wouldn't know until the PC version's out
tongue.gif

Well I have watched northernlions let's play for Dark Souls, and palyed a few hours Dark Souls on the pS3 of a friend...and seriously that game is just phantastic
cool.gif
I mean seriously it's so unbelievable difficult since you die and die and die and die, but thats really the fun thing on it since when have accomplished something you're really satisfied
smile.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back