Game of Thrones

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
I jsut finished A Dance with Dragons OH MY. MOOOOOOOM, GEORGE RR MARTIN IS DOING IT AGAAAAAIN

QUOTE (wceend @ Apr 20 2012, 06:22 AM) I jsut finished A Dance with Dragons OH MY. MOOOOOOOM, GEORGE RR MARTIN IS DOING IT AGAAAAAIN
Wee-wee-san! Yo! I say thanks in advance, for giving me some zingers to ponder upon until we get to where we will get with this most entertaining of stories...whatever you do though, do not tell BB-san! He will kill us all if you do.
wink.gif

I want my girl to hurry up and get out of that dry and desolate desert, to bathe, and to raise her babies up and quick, so as to ravage the land of Westeros and bring all the proud and haughty to their knees so as to tremble and lose control of their bowels before those soon-to-be majestic beasts of hers...those fire breathing dragons! I will hope that is the way it might swing...
laugh.gif

they each have different colours, green for Rhaegar, Black for the largest: drogon and the other one is white
biggrin.gif
they each breathe different colour flames, too
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (wceend @ Apr 21 2012, 12:07 PM) they each have different colours, green for Rhaegar, Black for the largest: drogon and the other one is white
biggrin.gif
they each breathe different colour flames, too
biggrin.gif

And what of their mother? Will she regain her dignity and get out of that desolate and arid land?

Looks like the beautiful Mother of Dragons will make it out alive after all as she is championed by that tall, black Prince...interesting. Glad he showed the stout fellow who thought himself wise, his place.
wink.gif
And so too, it seems a bloodied maiden/doctorette has caught the eye of battle weary Rob Stark. But wait! Is he not promised in marriage to that old lecher's daughter? The one Lady Cat negotiated with to allow her son and his forces to cross a certain bridge back in season I? How this new smitten Rob Stark plays his cards in the battlefield that is love will be of most interest to me as he is handsome but rather boring...not at all like his brooding and darkly handsome half brother, Jon Snow. Ah....my heart!
Meanwhile, in a deep cavern, late at night...the mysterious, yet deadly seductive "red woman" gives birth to what appears will be an abomination...a black mist rises as the hearts of men are laid bare while their bones are to rot in fields of battled glory...can't wait.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Apr 24 2012, 12:47 AM) Meanwhile, in a deep cavern, late at night...the mysterious, yet deadly seductive "red woman" gives birth to what appears will be an abomination...a black mist rises as the hearts of men are laid bare while their bones are to rot in fields of battled glory...can't wait.
tongue.gif

Yeah that scene was a bit unexpected I didn't think the red woman actually had supernatural abilities so to speak. I thought she was more so just a religious fanatic who had her eyes on power especially when she tried to make an heir with wannabe (fill in the blank) king -- err forgot his name at the moment. But with a game of fools I suppose you can't just assume anything.

Joffrey had always been annoying but he graduated to disturbingly creepy X cruel this episode. To have that prostitute tortured in that manner and Sansa about to be stripped naked in front of court showed he's growing more warped as time passes. Though I do get that he was trying to send a message to Tyrion for showing him up when he was publicly humiliating Sansa.

Hha, poor Davos, having to see that up close. And certainly! let it not be said that Red Rh'llor's servants are without power! the night is dark and full of terrors you know! And I guess some of these Terrors are Mel's shadowy assasins themselves!

QUOTE (wceend @ Apr 24 2012, 11:55 AM) Hha, poor Davos, having to see that up close. And certainly! let it not be said that Red Rh'llor's servants are without power! the night is dark and full of terrors you know! And I guess some of these Terrors are Mel's shadowy assasins themselves!
Yep...and I for one, though lowly and of humble origins...will enjoy those dark and lurking shadows watching them instill fear and terror into the hearts of proud and lofty men who only dream of power and reputation...let's see if they can hold their "water" when one of these shadowy creatures appears before them...looking forward to it.
tongue.gif

Joffrey is so damn evil but the actor who play this devil is brilliant and doing a fantastic job by making most viewers truly hate him, he's better than the actor that portrayed Malfoy in the HP movies. The person that picked him to be cast in this role is a genius as his demeanor shown in the TV series closly resembles the "weeny", "tweedy" character in the novels.

Season 2 Episode 4 was great and only a few more days till the next episode comes out.

578508_10150703684647734_74133697733_9685979_483405937_n-1.jpg

I suppose I too, would sit and ponder the world of Westeros...
What do I gain from power?
How do I keep it?
Who do I screw over in order to instill fear?
Who do I trust?
Who shall betray me and why?
Will I have an heir?
Does anyone love me?
Why does my father both scorn and respect me?
Why?
Why?
Why?
And so our favorite pawn in the land of many Kings...ponders, awaits, and plays his right hand of the King.
wink.gif

Interesting read on last week's episode...
wink.gif

Uh, oh. Magic. (Minor Spoilers)
By Jonah Goldberg
April 30, 2012 8:21 A.M. Comments37
I am still loving Game of the Thrones this season. And no I didn’t read the books, so I’m sure there’s a good reason for everything. Nevertheless, I am not a fan of this new ghosty-black-misty creature (please, there’s no need to tell me what it really is or signifies etc. I’ll find out in due course). What I don’t like about it is the magicalness (magicality?) of it. One of the things I love about the Game of Thrones is its anti-Tolkienesque quality. There’s not much good-versus-evil in it (though there is a bit). The world is a dreary, dangerous, place where honor can get you killed and dishonor can make you rich and powerful. The strength of a man’s arm and his skill with a sword is its own reward. Even the supernatural stuff so far — the dragons, the white walkers — has been decidedly non-magical. When Drogo died at the hands of the witch, it seemed entirely realistic. She basically just poisoned him. No light shows. Just some blood and sleight of hand.

The dragons especially are great. They take a long time to grow up. They’re a pain to feed. In other words, they seem biologically plausible. The same goes for the walkers, to a lesser extent. Of course, it’s not all strictly speaking plausible, but there’s a consistent realism to it. They’re corporeal. You can imagine being in that world where dragons evolved and white walkers too.

This ghost-cloud thing breaks that agreement with the audience (as will, I fear, the warlocks of Quarth). Suddenly, you can cheat. You can kill people with invisible cloud assassins. I still have faith in the series, of course, but this makes me nervous.
Have yet to watch this week's...but I will, I will.

Ahhh Tyrion the only lannister I like, witty and wise one of my top fav characters among the show besides Arya and John snow
biggrin.gif

In all honesty what I like about Tyrion is for a fact he is the one of the few person who has actually a brain in the show as so far pride and honor has deluded the brain cells of some people there. He is usually unbiased making a good mediator between some characters. Infact I do believe if Ned stark's wife hadn't imprisoned Tyrion and made him go to king's landing more or less he would've stuck some sense to the people there and his presence there could've prevented his death (Sean Bean Y u die as martyr always xD). He may have an acid tongue but it there is meaning in his words
tongue.gif

although I do agree with that comment Yaya-san I honestly thought the show would be fanciful of magic and got the opposite otherwise a more grounded fantasy world than I expected.

QUOTE (lavenderdays @ Apr 30 2012, 10:35 AM) Ahhh Tyrion the only lannister I like, witty and wise one of my top fav characters among the show besides Arya and John snow
biggrin.gif

Lavi-san! Many of us who post here (better said, the few of us
wink.gif
) love and admire Lord Tyrion...heck, I would love to "serve" under him but alas...he seems to have a penchant for ladies of the night and no faire lady. I wish he would give Joffery the heave-ho and run off with Sansa. He would so satisfy her every need and wipe that frown off her lovely face...Joffery will only grunt and "roll over" when its all over...a sad fate for a sad maiden.
tongue.gif

But wait! What's this? A black mist with deadly intent...an abomination let loose upon the warring clans of Kings...most interesting, indeed.
rolleyes.gif

So far episode 5 has been a dire cliffhanger, Tyrion as always was interesting
wink.gif
on the other hand I seriously declare his sister whatever-her-name-was to be the dumbest of them all in the seven kingdoms, seriously I always run out of facepalms and facedesks everytime she comes up, along with her rotten son just like what Tyrion said, they are already a lost cause.

Rob stark's so called friend was well... severely disappointing, a disease of his family too much pride too much ego, soon he will have a taste of his own fault contrary to the what the episode foreshadowed in the episode.

Cat on the other hand finally became useful as I have found her close to being annoying especially in the first season.

Arya on the other hand is just impressive she may be young be she is not naive, she may show pride but does not flaunts it when uneeded a promising character to see
biggrin.gif
, she has a decent hand in her palms I hope she will use it well
wink.gif
to push things through.

The Tygarian girl on the other hand was quite disappointing though, quite normal to be naive for her age although there is her brother to blame and her circumstances but she swoons so easily at the sight of power, seeing her character gaining independence at the finale of last season was promising but let's say her act of dissing(at least he wary eyes do tell) out Jorah a man who has been at her side even way before Khal Drogo showed care, who even saved her life once has given me disappointment. Although it is still early to assume that she is against Jorah.

QUOTE (lavenderdays @ May 07 2012, 06:43 PM) So far episode 5 has been a dire cliffhanger, Tyrion as always was interesting
wink.gif
on the other hand I seriously declare his sister whatever-her-name-was to be the dumbest of them all in the seven kingdoms, seriously I always run out of facepalms and facedesks everytime she comes up, along with her rotten son just like what Tyrion said, they are already a lost cause.

Rob stark's so called friend was well... severely disappointing, a disease of his family too much pride too much ego, soon he will have a taste of his own fault contrary to the what the episode foreshadowed in the episode.

Cat on the other hand finally became useful as I have found her close to being annoying especially in the first season.

Arya on the other hand is just impressive she may be young be she is not naive, she may show pride but does not flaunts it when uneeded a promising character to see
biggrin.gif
, she has a decent hand in her palms I hope she will use it well
wink.gif
to push things through.

The Tygarian girl on the other hand was quite disappointing though, quite normal to be naive for her age although there is her brother to blame and her circumstances but she swoons so easily at the sight of power, seeing her character gaining independence at the finale of last season was promising but let's say her act of dissing(at least he wary eyes do tell) out Jorah a man who has been at her side even way before Khal Drogo showed care, who even saved her life once has given me disappointment. Although it is still early to assume that she is against Jorah.
well it's not like Jorah wasn't being a MAJOR dick xD

Tyrion is awesome, even in the latest book trying to talk his way out of trouble. I can t wait for them to show Tyrion's ultimate move!
Hmmm.. the books have gone silent on Cat, I can't wait for her to show up again in the next one. Rob's friend? you mean the Kraken's son?

I;m gonna hold back before I ruin your fun experienceo f this amazing series
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (wceend @ May 09 2012, 02:45 AM) well it's not like Jorah wasn't being a MAJOR dick xD
From what I watched I couldn't really tell Jorah being a total dick, I think he made good point on Daenerys that she shouldn't trust so much of the so called 13th. Take away her dragons what is Daenerys but a girl, sure she can resist fire but swords are made of steel not fire, She's a Tygarian but Majority of Westeros(some not all of them) probably would reject her due to propaganda. Assuming that the 13th are good businessmen they know how to sweet talk the actual deal but in the end the deal isn't really that great. Would be grateful for the man that placed his life on the line for them to get in but by no means that would earn my full trust.

Hmm, Well, many of the houses yielded to Baratheon only grudgingly, a Targaryen heir with a powerful army at her back could very well gain a lot of support, especially considering the dicks baratheon and Lannister have become. Remember, Highgarden and Sunspear along with some other major houses were either allied with or at least on friendly terms with the Targaryen house up until they were supposedly butchered to the last. This made the other houses yield and Baratheon pardoned many of them.

QUOTE (wceend @ May 09 2012, 05:27 AM) Hmm, Well, many of the houses yielded to Baratheon only grudgingly, a Targaryen heir with a powerful army at her back could very well gain a lot of support, especially considering the dicks baratheon and Lannister have become. Remember, Highgarden and Sunspear along with some other major houses were either allied with or at least on friendly terms with the Targaryen house up until they were supposedly butchered to the last. This made the other houses yield and Baratheon pardoned many of them.
I was not really talking about the nobles but as in the masses, the peasants(under nobles who aren't with the Tygarian) more or less would have been given propaganda to be against the Tygarian, because I can reflect to this in reality since my country had a dictator and even though the relatives did nothing harmful common propaganda goes against them. We know they are already against the Lannisters but even they don't practice democratic elements a king without an army is good as any peasant there is
tongue.gif

She can get allies in Westeros the problem is unlike the other houses she is still in an uncanny position to do something even with a super weapon as a dragon, you could whack em with a boot at their current status. Besides any house who sits in the Iron Throne would get hated, considering most of the people there are power hungry and obsessed with ruling.

Daenerys still has time to wait, remember the quote "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" she can wait until the other houses devour each other and attack them at the moment they already proclaimed victory. But ironically this would be their weakest state since they just came from a recent war. Plus she has the element of surprise since everyone assumes she is dead already. Rushing into battle as she suggests is just pure incompetence. She has all the needed elements to have Blitz victory she only has to "wait"

EPISODE 9 OMFG YES

DAMN Now I CANT WAIT FOR IT to be sunday damn it I hope it is as epic as it looks it is.
Tyrion is gonna be badass Awwww Yeahhhh!

Other than that I knew the 2 stark boys weren't dead. Especially if you put yourself in a writer's seat.
I wonder if Theon is in it or not though but It looks like he isn't.

But seriously OMFG OMFG Ep 9 YES

mhmm, Blackwater , tyrion's little brainchild, hah. I'm curious how they will handle tyrion later in the show though, mhmm. maybe I should watch to catch up c:

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back