Firefox

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.

MKK2004

-ecchi
Retired
today when I restart my computer, all my bookmarks from Firefox are gone and it's like firefox just totally reformatted itself. Are there ways to get back my bookmarks or change it back?

Never heard of that but it sounds as if you made a new profile somehow.

Close Firefox then go to Start --> Run.

Then type into the prompt: firefox.exe -profilemanager

In the list that appears check if it has more than one profile available and try the other profiles if there is one.

If you're running firefox on a different OS than Windows then try figuring out how to get to the profile manager. (probably listed somewhere in it's documentation)

QUOTE (MKK2004 @ Mar 05 2007, 06:35 PM) today when I restart my computer, all my bookmarks from Firefox are gone and it's like firefox just totally reformatted itself. Are there ways to get back my bookmarks or change it back?
Do you still have any copies saved in your standard internet explorer?

I changed to Firefox a year ago so all the new websites I've saved since then are now from my IE list. I went to C-drive and go into my Firefox directory, but only have one profile. I believe it's because I didn't close my computer properly, but that still doesn't explain why my Firefox would reformat itself.

Happen to be on Windows and have access to a system restore?

Though I'm not sure if that can revive old settings for 3rd party applications.

EDIT: You must be on windows if you were previously using IE... stupid me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back