could not retrieve host path

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

usspaul

-sama
Retired
okey so ive been cracking my brain on this issue and its really annoying . Basicly i have this program called Mitchell that belongs to my father that he has had for 8 years now . Problem is the labtop he has it on is about to die and i have to now try to perserve it .So when i tried to make a backup of his partition so i can load it on another computer i found that his hard drive has loads of bad sectors making backs vertualy inpossible. well so i manage to get a image and i uploaded onto another computer . The program is on the new computer yet every time i try to load it i get could not retrieve host path. Can someone please help me figure out a way to make this program run. I cant call the manufacter for help because they ask for information that we no longer have since that information was stolen 4 years back which caused my father to close down his shop. Now another thing i understand is supposible all the information i need is on the disk hidden really really good. Reason i say this is because my father clearly remembers when he last had a problem with this program over 8 years ago the stuff to reinstall the program is there but somewhere. i checked the cds all 16 of them for any type of setup or install exe but there arnt . So if there is anyone who knows how to help me with this i would really appreaciate it

Just curious, all I know about the program is that it's called mitchell...and if you have the CD, why harvest it from the dead laptop?

I don't know which OS you had on both the new computer or the old one, or what the program is for. Unless someone is REALLY familiar with this program, I don't know how to help you. If you can tell a little bit more about the program and the computers, it might help.

EDIT: sorry, didn't see that there weren't any EXE's. The program had to originate from somewhere. If it was installed using the CD's maybe you'll have to look deeper. Or check disk 1 cause usually the first disc has that stuff. Also, exe files don't necessarily start all executibles. If it's REALLY old, you might need some bat files or such and use command prompt.

its an automotive repair program. there is only one batch file in the cd at least from what ive found and that particular batch file is ment to delete the dos version of mitchell. the reason i wanted to image my father labtop was because when i previously tried to install this on a faster pc i had the problem of tring to figure out how to install it lol
laugh.gif
oh god this damn program is giving me a headack

Searches only bring up posts you've made on other forums (AnimeSuki and what I assume is you on velocity reviews).
Searches for the program itself only bring up a few hits - most of which are torrents (for the program) or unrelated. Only one was the actual program, and it was a 3rd party distributor (no FAQ/help/etc).
I'm gonna have to guess that the program is probably rather old, unused, and has lost any support it once held or something.
Do you actually need the program? Maybe now would be a good time to upgrade to a new program that does the same thing (and likely better if it's 8 years old)...

Only other viable suggestion I could make, I can't make because of the forum rules... *cough cough*

So then the CD WAS the official installer. confused?

autorun isn't even on CD 1? If that's the case, then maybe the CD's are just archival files. That you actually use another program to run and see what's on those CD's...

Looking in the internet, I found this. It's a PDF file from the mitchell site.
I'm not sure if it's the right thing, but it's for automotive stuff and it's mitchell...

no its still widely used the thing with mitchell is they only do new version once every so many years.The thing with mitchell is its one of the leading programs for automotive shops and are typically used at most local shops. the other program that is used widely is alldata which is another program just like it which is another pain in the rear program to make work .as for newer versions of mitchell i just dont wanna have to download 74gbs for this program lol

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back