Blue Dragon

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

MKK2004

-ecchi
Retired
a7478wl8.jpg

Title: Blue Dragon
Japanese Title: ブルードラゴン
Genre: Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Supernatural
Premiere: 7th April 2007
Animation Studio: Studio Pierrot

Official Website: http://pierrot.jp/title/bluedragon/

Each year for the past ten years, purple clouds would appear, and bring disasters to people around the world.

When their village is attacked again Shu, Kluke, and Jiro fight back against the fin that appears to kill the people. However they discover it is a strange machine. But even after damaging it, it takes them back to the flagship, with the three still on it.

There, they encounter constant attacks from metal soldiers until they discover three orbs of light. After hearing a voice tell them to swallow the orbs, they do and discover their shadows grow into monsters; Kluke's becomes a blue phoenix, Jiro's a blue minotaur, and Shu's a blue dragon. They then fight the ship's captain, Nene, and discover that Nene is behind the yearly attacks on their town. He easilly defeats them, and they can barely make it to a escape capsule. They then land far from home and must then journey to find a way to save their land.

Following their escape from Nene's air fortress, they encounter more people from towns that have also fallen victim to the purple clouds, and decide that they must try to stop Nene from continuing to bring ruin on their world. -wiki

I've never played the game before since I don't have a X360, but it's from the original creator of Dragonball so it should be good, and I heard that this game was #1 when it came out and people actually lined up for this game like it's World of Warcraft BC. But I just have a make a thread so JCDRANZER will go crazy when he see this lol

I was actually thinking of making a thread for this but it is not one of the two last threads I wanted to make. Oh yeah, I've got another list of new anime about 10 more.......but I don't want to make a thread for them just yet........if u guys want I could tell u the remaining new anime on my list........let me just say this, for this *freaking* season..there are like about 72 different anime series/OVAs/movies. This season is gonna be painful to watch so much.

“Blue Dragon follows Shu and his friends as they find themselves capable of manifesting their actions through surprisingly powerful shadows. Not long after, the main cast sets off on a grand adventure that, in true RPG fashion, determines the fate of the world.” (summary by Mr. Sephiroth) -

Very interesting, an RPG-adaptation. I’m getting Popolocrois-vibes out of this one, which is always a good thing. I also really like the cast of voice actors. Nearly all of the main characters are voiced by people who have had a lot of different roles, and have a huge amount of experience in the business. It should prove to be very interesting, but Akira Toriyama (DB guy) behind the character design!? What are they, nuts!?

Cya

I just got done watching the RAW of Blue Dragon. It's feels like it's been a while since I last watched an anime with characters by Akira Toriyama. I keep thinking of Dragonball when I watch it. But, at least from what I could tell from the first episode, it doesn't seem like it follows the synopsis MKK posted. Only reason I say that at least is the way they get their shadows beasts appears to be different. Shu doesn't swallow any kind of orb to get his dragon shadow to appear. It seemed like it was just a response to his extreme desire to save his friends who were about to be crushed by a crumbling mountain side. Also Jiro is not a childhood friend of Shu and Kluke in this. He even almost unleashes his minotaur shadow, which he has from the start, against Shu after they first meet. It seems that the synopsis that you posted is the one for the game, which makes me happy. I was hoping the anime and game would have different stories because I know I'm gonna end up getting the game when it comes out state-side.

So is anyone actually watching Blue Dragon? Episode 5 was just released, although my torrent for it is stuck at 0% and isn't moving. I'm liking it so far. It feels nostalgic in a way for me cause I'm just reminded of DBZ so often cause of the animation. And as I said before the story isn't exactly the same as the story of the 360 game, which I like.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back