Bakuman

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Umm I don't know. I havent even touched the anime. I am only watching Index this season, but then again I rarely watch anime when manga is WAY superior.

Also, I am pretty sure at some point they said Rabuta was #1 and PCP was #13.

Oh and it has been a long time since I read this much manga in a row. I think it was like 4 years ago in my junior year where I read like 450 One Piece chapters in a weekend.

But you gotta take in consideration Bukaman has a LOT of text compared to pretty much anything currently running on the Jump. Im pretty sure I am reading everything being translated in the jump, besides Medaka Box and Defense Devil.

QUOTE (JC-HoBz @ Nov 28 2010, 05:08 AM) Ummm.... wasn't that just Mashiro's delusion? I'm pretty sure Rabuta hasn't even gone to the serialization meeting.

Well when i first read it i assumed it was real, but i did consider it being a dellusion, then i re-read it and i still think it was real. However going off what Takagi said its perfectly possible that its been serialised but the chapter has been publushed yet. Although we probably wont get any confimation (unless ive missed something) until next chapter i suppose.

Regarding the anime, im not watching it, dont get me wrong im downloading them all jsut waiting until its finishes to watch it. Since i started it when it first aired but because i know what will happen i had little motivation to watch the next weeks episode. Since its not like it ended on a cliffhanger for me.

But i agree with Repede though manga is usualy way superior, its why 2 years ago i generaly stopped watch anime once DGM got canceled

Oh and Repede Defense Devil isnt serialised in Jump, its in a different magazine and i recommend you read it since its awesome. Medeka Box however is utter crap its the only manga i trruly hate and want to end.

That chapter was great.

So much happened, it was insane.

I knew the fat dude was coming back. they did re shown him once. Still I don't like him one bit.

Absolutly brilliant chapter, except the marriage thing. But otherwise i couldnt complain. And it took them long enough but im glad they realised that they need to be thankful for what they have though.

And now i get to see what my beloved Hiramaru has done. Personaly i wouldnt be suprised if he finaly snapped from Yoshida constant pressurising and interfereing and him and Aoki arranged somethig without his knowldge or lied abotu teh date and time so he can do what he wants. I mean he probably doesnt hate or resent him, but probabbly beleives he can do wel on his own. Then when he fails he will be more obidiant to Yoshida. lol

And the best part of Hiramaru is that he did a GAG manga more than a romance in the Love Fiesta. Lol. So like him to do that.

This is officialy my fav chapter in the ENTIRE series. With Hiramaru being my fav character in Bakuman i was insanly happy to have an entire chapter devoted him
biggrin.gif
And what a chapter it was
biggrin.gif

Its was nice to see Hiramaru getting wise to Yoshidas schemeing, and then Yoshida confessing to it all with out any form of denial
biggrin.gif

And for Aoki to say yes to him, so happy
smile.gif
But surely though Yoshida can take breakss on the weeks JUMP has a break though meaning he is free to spend time with his now beloved Aoki
smile.gif

What a nice chapter to end on
biggrin.gif

Tbh i was quite surprised that Aoki accepted Hiramaru's confession. I seriously thought that it was going to be Aoki + Fukuda or Aoki + Nakai (if he ever gets a reappearance). And the way she accepted also seems weird as in a "Okay i'll go out with you. Where do you want to go" kinda feeling where she doesn't accept the actual love confession but accepts the offer to go out as friends.

Like what Haruhi from Ouran High School Host Club to that kid back in middle school.

QUOTE (JC-HoBz @ Dec 17 2010, 10:04 PM) Tbh i was quite surprised that Aoki accepted Hiramaru's confession. I seriously thought that it was going to be Aoki + Fukuda or Aoki + Nakai (if he ever gets a reappearance). And the way she accepted also seems weird as in a "Okay i'll go out with you. Where do you want to go" kinda feeling where she doesn't accept the actual love confession but accepts the offer to go out as friends.

Like what Haruhi from Ouran High School Host Club to that kid back in middle school.
My feelings exactly. I kinda saw Aoki ending up with Fukuda. I mean they seemed pretty close when he was teaching her how to draw panties and whatnot. Nakai, not so much. He was my least favorite character in the manga.

And like you said, It seemed she accepted going out with Hiramura's just like she did when he asked her out for tea. Just like friends, and she has shown like no interest whatsoever on him through the series.

I must say, I am in love with Ashirogi Jr manga. If I was to write manga, no word of lie it would be something like that. Something that reveals the fickleness of mankind. Just reading the fake chapter, it gave me flashbacks to the time I first discovered Deathnote and Gantz.

It was actually better than Bakuman itself. Problem now is manga within a manga within manga is confusing. What Shujin actually want to do is create deathnote with a new name because deathnote was an antithesis shounen manga. So now we have the creators of deathnote writing a manga about mangakas who will eventually create a manga like deathnote. If this was the case then I dont even see why they brought deathnote into the Bakuman continuum.

When Mashiro said even fantasy has to have some logic, it was a great comment , because some people will never learn that no matter how hard you explain it.

Cant wait see how they rival this challenge.

Stunning chapter, i mean i would totaly read that manga, reminds me of Doubt! and Judge. But its brilliant, just the idea of the manga.

Another thing that is nice about the chapter is that its not there former assistant or whatever thats done that manga but a fan of their first series, to me that must be a brilliant feeling for Muto to know that their fan has gone on to write THAT.

But i do like how this chapter brought up the problems with WSJ, its true that standard battle mangas arent they way to go anymore, new battle manga series' very rarely break out and the more established ones countinue to stay in pole position. And if you get down to the charaters and themes in aload of them are really similar so as a result originality is a hard thing to come by in WSJ.

But i also think Shujins comment regarding typical battle manga not being the way to go makes sense, since if you look at the rankings for each manga in WSJ generaly no 'traditional' as it were battle manga outside the 'big 3' are ever in the top 3. Yet untypical battle managa like Bakuman and DN frequently get in the top 3. So maybe its a fair comment that untypical battle mangas are the way to go?

The reference for DN to me made sense in that it was only used to make a point about the logic jump which manga allows for.

QUOTE When Mashiro said even fantasy has to have some logic, it was a great comment , because some people will never learn that no matter how hard you explain it.

This is so true, but it reminded me of one thing though which as a comic book fan you might be familiar with Franny, when former Marvel Editor in Chief Joe Quesada said 'We dont have to explain it, its magic'

I just loved how they actually showed parts of the Manga, it reminded me of Gantz (Only seen anime though). Had me hooked all the way, although i wish there would be a sidestory which has the full 10 chapters!

QUOTE (JC-HoBz @ Jan 15 2011, 12:51 AM) I just loved how they actually showed parts of the Manga, it reminded me of Gantz (Only seen anime though). Had me hooked all the way, although i wish there would be a sidestory which has the full 10 chapters!
It was alright but nothing beats the otters 11 special that was done, that thing was brilliant.

sad.gif
Main scanlator is dropping Bakuman
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

Ah well, just means i gotta wait couple days/weeks more until it gets picked up again.

Loved this chapter, well no, i liked the first part, but loved the 2nd part. I mean uploading it to his blog, brilliant touch, although i think his facade of 'inocence and openness' is just that a facade. He knew exactly what he was doing when he uploaded it, he new the problems it would cause. Although i wouldnt be suprisrised (though i dont think they will) if they bowed to pressure and ran Classroom as it was.

But its just awesome though since the fans will probably complaion it never got to run but they need to realise that it isnt suited to jump, although i think thats why jump fails, since it cant have complex stories like that.

I loved his manga but I think the guy is an asshole. He is caricature of the facebook generation and generally what is wrong with youth todays. If he calculated it, it makes it worst since it means he is self absorbed and up himself.

Honestly, he is miles apart from Ashirogi Muto. In a business like that you need to be humble to an extent. Eiji was redeemable because it felt like he had a genuine passion for manga where as this guy sounds like he is doing it for the fame and attention.

I love this anime. I never really watched anime like this before well the writing manga thing. Its different from most anime. It has mixture humor love romance and seriousness and nervousness. Lol very inspiring if ya wanna manga artist haha. I don't read manga I prefer to watch it.

Oh yeah . Whats funny ejji looks like a male version of lain. What also anyone know if ejjis voice well she screching creepy screeches sound very similar like accelerator in index

Mods Note: Hia please dont double post so soon after orginaly, use the edit button next time
smile.gif

QUOTE (narchobit @ Mar 23 2011, 12:30 AM) I love this anime. I never really watched anime like this before well the writing manga thing. Its different from most anime. It has mixture humor love romance and seriousness and nervousness. Lol very inspiring if ya wanna manga artist haha. I don't read manga I prefer to watch it.

Oh yeah . Whats funny ejji looks like a male version of lain. What also anyone know if ejjis voice well she screching creepy screeches sound very similar like accelerator in index

Mods Note: Hia please dont double post so soon after orginaly, use the edit button next time
smile.gif

Speaking of which if you prefer the anime to the manga then use this thead Bakuman Anime Thread to discuss the anime. Since here we discuss the manga and you WILL get spoilers.

Well I did not expect that.

I was expecting something more like that girl seducing Mashiro while he was drunk and maybe him cheating.

But damn, that was a nice plot twist. I expect them having PCP forcefully canceled from "rioting parents" and them having no stable manga.

OH MAN I LOVE HIRAMARU!!!!! Seriously the best character hands down...

How classic was it when Yoshida rings the other editor and makes up total bullshit... And Hiramaru's ONE WISH as "Kazu-tan"...

Also i love his drawings... Otters look awesome.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back