Any Suggestions For This Forum?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

nyunyu

-san
Retired
Frankly, im really happy with this new forum idea.

Do you have any suggestion what else to add to this forum?
Your suggestion are most welcomed..and maybe will all be considered.

my suggestion:

#1 - online meter. that way we could know who's online and who's not.
#2 - fast reply button. maybe daft could install some forums mod.
#3 - Title / custom title. i know there is already a title but just maybe we can ask members what are their suggestions on user title.
#4 - separated request area.
actually, there is more suggestion but since the forum is still new, i'll post them later
biggrin.gif

I like the new look. Much more appealing. I agree that it would be nice to know who else is on the forum with you. And being able to reply to a post would also be good.

Maybe you could put up a section for topics that are not directly related to anime or manga where topics of a general nature could be posted. I don't see where I could start a topic such as "What part of the world are you from" or "Do you practice sports.... " I think you get my idea. Well it's just a thought. I'm trying to find ways to make this forum intriguing and get people to be active members.

Hm, I'll put up a fast reply thing since that seems to be helpful. As for the online thing, I'd like to maintain some privacy for now. In the beginning, I had it so that the Members list wouldn't show regular Members (only Fansub TV people). Also, the totals you see at the bottom of the forum index wasn't there either but I got curious and put it back. If there was an easy way to get forum #s administratively (i'm sure there is, i just haven't found where yet), then I wouldn't have it show forum totals.

In a lot of sites I see, the only reason why they post numbers and stuff is so that they can brag to the people that come how big their community is. Personally, I don't care how big the community is as long as there is a community. Forcing people to register to post or to even view the board is something I'm against, since it seems like a strategy just to boost forum numbers. The people who register should be the people who want to register... the ones that want signatures, avatars and all the goodies that come with registration.

Hm, the introduction thing is sort of a good place to put things in terms of meeting/learning about other people. Perhaps instead of "Introduction", it can be called something else which might lend itself to this type of conversation.

Custom titles is a good idea. It doesn't really matter to me what title people use, but since they can't change it themselves right now, I guess we might as well make it more interesting than "Newbie", "Member" and "Advanced Member".

Lets see.. for skinning the board, I took a look at the links you sent my nyunyu but I haven't gotten around to actually registering on their site and downloading the skins yet. I'll have more time to do this on Fri, Sat and Sun. Today, I had an exam earlier and I have a computer science project due later today. (it's 95% done, so no worries there)

nice..everything is fine now..looking forward to see the next changes..
btw, did anyone know how to change my options? maybe daft set this options on..dunno..but it just that i kept being emailed if someone pmed me..it just annoying..can you turn it off?

btw, moogle..i see you back in admin seat in baka..nice!

Where did the General forum go? Every forum needs a general forum!
wink.gif

edit: And whoa, these smilies suck.
tongue.gif

EvilTomte's right!! We need a General Forum to prove the existance of this so-called "Real-Life".....

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (nyunyu @ Nov 5 2004, 04:38 AM) nice..everything is fine now..looking forward to see the next changes..
btw, did anyone know how to change my options? maybe daft set this options on..dunno..but it just that i kept being emailed if someone pmed me..it just annoying..can you turn it off?

btw, moogle..i see you back in admin seat in baka..nice!
You can probably change those options in My Control. There's a place for Board Settings and Email Settings.

And "poof" - we have a General forum now.

QUOTE Maybe the posting names...the one that are given for the number of posts you do

Are they special?
you mean user title? lol..they arent that special..just for fun really..

i'd say add more things in this forum

we dont have enough sections thats appealing to the public . . .

QUOTE (mugen023 @ Nov 14 2004, 05:00 AM) i'd say add more things in this forum

we dont have enough sections thats appealing to the public . . .
you'll need to be more specific than that. what kind of things should we add that would appeal to the public?

umm things gossip abt debate and all that

fanfic, fanclubs

Music (sub forum wif:anime ost, j pop, k pop, chinese music, hip hop0
debate section
diplomatic corner (another name preferably caus i got dat idea from ao)
technology
games
lifestyle (subforum, fashion, food, living)
love & gender (talk abt wat girls fink abt guys, wat areas guys dont like abt girls not sexist talk)
movies & tv
adult section (maybe)

etc etc

ill come back and add more wen i can fink of some

i dont know wat daft27 thinks abt it tho .. thats the thing

im sure it'd make the forum lot more interesting

I think it's more important to know what other people think rather than what I think. Personally, I don't think this site needs forums but apparently people thought otherwise. Your ideas would work well in a large forum community.

Hmm....I agree about the thing with it working in a large forum community. Currently, we are a small community. I think we should just wait till we have 100+ members then we'll make more forums (such as the ones mugen023 suggested).

My 2(.6 billion)c

Well I don't see how forums could disadvantage us. If anything, it will attract more people since many people like to go forumming to kill time (i.e. me!).

This forum, yes is in dire need of more forums, however, it is wise to wait for the forum community to grow before doing so.

Personally, I'd like to see a 'serious discussion' forum.
smile.gif

as for me, i dont even we have 100+ members, with only several people who online and contribute something to the forums, changes are not needed.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back