Anime Recommendation

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
If you're doing the Eva movies you should know that 1.0 and 1.11 is only a quality difference along with 2.0 and 2.1 as well. Pretty much if you did see any of the anime it follows all of that in the first one and then kind of goes in a new direction with in the second one. By that I mean most fo the first half of the anime series before some notable changes are made in 2.0 though.

Pretty much people are kind of waiting on 3.0 since smexy new girl that piolted Eva Unit 4 showed up for a bit in 2.0 of course.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (wceend @ Apr 07 2012, 08:13 AM) Thanks for the advice. I already downloaded the evangelion 1.11, but I wasnt sure whether I should watch it because I haven t seen anything of evangelion before, so I wasnt sure where this would be in the series. you're welcome ^^ just like Wolfie mentioned it's alright if you want to start with the new Rebuild movies though from what I understand the difference with 1.0 and 2.0 are theatrical releases while 1.11 and 2.22 are ultimate editions, the same can be said about Renewal of Evangelion being the remastered TV series and movies with 5.1 audio and better resolution quality than the 90's original version so I suggest you to try Renewal too... glad to see you liked the Nisemonogari series though isn't as good as the first season, if you noticed at the start of Bakemonogari there are a few scenes of the Koyomi Vamp chapter and this year it'll be a theatrical prequel titled Kizumonogatari so I can't wait for that movie to be released with subs later
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Apr 07 2012, 03:10 PM) you're welcome ^^ just like Wolfie mentioned it's alright if you want to start with the new Rebuild movies though from what I understand the difference with 1.0 and 2.0 are theatrical releases while 1.11 and 2.22 are ultimate editions, the same can be said about Renewal of Evangelion being the remastered TV series and movies with 5.1 audio and better resolution quality than the 90's original version so I suggest you to try Renewal too... glad to see you liked the Nisemonogari series though isn't as good as the first season, if you noticed at the start of Bakemonogari there are a few scenes of the Koyomi Vamp chapter and this year it'll be a theatrical prequel titled Kizumonogatari so I can't wait for that movie to be released with subs later
biggrin.gif

Ooh, that's good. because I was like WAIT WHAT THE FU- when those scenes were showing, I actually paused to check if I hadn't skipped a season, haha. Tbh, Bake/Nisemonogatari was one of those series that hit me as hard as shuffle and Code Geass, one I get lose myself in. I actually miss the show so much I'm still listening to the EP2 every day.

Sooo onward to something new I guess, till that film comes out.
I also downloaded Haruhi, but later read that there was a remake and some spinoffs, I'm jsut horribly confused about the chronological order of that show.

I've also seen REDLINE and Summer Wars, Summerwars was really good, I loved it. I liked the homely atmosphere it gave off. Makes me wish my relatives would get along like that, peh. Redline....was ok..I didn't really enjoy it all that much.

Next up are Fate Zero and something else. I'm thinking that I havent seen one of the seasons for Ghost in the Shell yet..so I might pick that up.

Any other recommendations are welcome!

Parting Gift #1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsQEPPQa2Xo& my parting gifts for tonight! !

Spice and Wolf (24ep) - Economics + Romance = Profit. The most original anime I've seen as it is the only one with the theme Economics. Even if you don't paricularily enjoy economics, just try it. They pulled it off sooo well.
Noein (26ep) - Very interesting, one of the first Anime I saw but it is also one of the ones I've most enjoyed. If you like sci-fi, you'll love this.
Gurren Lagann (27ep) - This anime has everything. 27 episodes of brilliance. The character development is awesome. It also has the hottest girl in anime ever... Yoko
Claymore (26ep) - The manga has a lot of followers, but the anime was almost passed aside, deserves more credit. They had to change the final two episodes for an alternative ending to the manga (which is still going on).

Of course there are others, this list are the less popular anime that I've seen and fallen in love with.

QUOTE (Psykout22 @ May 12 2012, 01:25 PM) Spice and Wolf (24ep) - Economics + Romance = Profit. The most original anime I've seen as it is the only one with the theme Economics. Even if you don't paricularily enjoy economics, just try it. They pulled it off sooo well.
Noein (26ep) - Very interesting, one of the first Anime I saw but it is also one of the ones I've most enjoyed. If you like sci-fi, you'll love this.
Gurren Lagann (27ep) - This anime has everything. 27 episodes of brilliance. The character development is awesome. It also has the hottest girl in anime ever... Yoko
Claymore (26ep) - The manga has a lot of followers, but the anime was almost passed aside, deserves more credit. They had to change the final two episodes for an alternative ending to the manga (which is still going on).

Of course there are others, this list are the less popular anime that I've seen and fallen in love with.
Thank you for contributing! I think I'll have a look at Spice and Wolf!

TTGL is a "less popular" anime? It's pretty much as mainstream as it gets...
huh.gif

Ifyou didn't like Redline, wceend, then, well, you're wrong
tongue.gif

QUOTE I'm thinking that I havent seen one of the seasons for Ghost in the Shell yet..so I might pick that up.

IMO, S2 is superior to S1 in many respects, so if you missed out on that, then... well, you shouldn't have.
rolleyes.gif
Also, the Tahikoma no Hibi shorts deserve a special mention (from S1 DVDs i think).

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ May 20 2012, 06:04 PM) TTGL is a "less popular" anime? It's pretty much as mainstream as it gets...
huh.gif

Ifyou didn't like Redline, wceend, then, well, you're wrong
tongue.gif

IMO, S2 is superior to S1 in many respects, so if you missed out on that, then... well, you shouldn't have.
rolleyes.gif
Also, the Tahikoma no Hibi shorts deserve a special mention (from S1 DVDs i think).
well I didn't say it was bad, it just wasn't my thing, I suppose.

I know, just teasing
tongue.gif
The graphics alone make it worthwhile for at least a 1-time viewing, though.

I would suggest these older ones:
- REC
- Aishiturize Baby (a bit like Usagi Drop)
- Chobits (it has some weak episodes)
- Lovely complex
- Lamune
- Clannad
- nodame cantabile
- welcome to the n.h.k.

Well, IIRC Iroha was pretty fanservicey...

Anyway, Mawaru Penguindrum for great justice.

Since you don't specify a time range, here's also a few older ones that fit both my taste and your rather broad criteria
tongue.gif
:

Dennou Coil
Gankutsuou
Kino no Tabi
Outlaw Star
Higashi no Eden
Guin Saga
LastExile (original)
The Legend of Black Heaven
Nodame Cantabile
Shangri-La
Shigofumi

Feel free to pick out the ones you haven't seen off this list.

Hi, I'd like to ask for some recommendations on new must watch anime series. I am currently without an anime list (and I haven't watched any anime series for while - well, I've been re-watching anime series though - but I'd like to start on a fresh one).

Anyway, I am usually a fan of animes under the romance, adventure, mystery, and sports genre. The less ecchi the better, I have nothing against fan service, it's just that I like watching anime better without them. And I'm often touched by nakama-ship (and yeah I'm a One Piece fanatic, just collecting enough eps to start again). So, I would like to ask for recommendations under the genres above. Pretty Please help
happy.gif
I'd really really appreciate it.

Thank you!
happy.gif

I think we just discussed sth similar last page
wink.gif
You could start reading here: http://boards.fansub.tv/?showtopic=26&st=2300&#entry315333 Also, an easy way to make a list is to look up old "anime preview" sheets and check out the few that look interesting. Though I'm sure that more less lazy guys/gals will show up with recommendations shortly
wink.gif

QUOTE I'm often touched by nakama-ship

You must mean Bromance
biggrin.gif
Watch Aquarion EVOL!

Kids on the Slope... very good. Seems the last episode is tonight in Japan, so a couple of days for the dub? Nice all round from the characters, story, look and feel and of course the music: From Wiki: QUOTE It is directed by Shinichirō Watanabe at MAPPA and Tezuka Productions with music provided by acclaimed composer Yoko Kanno, reuniting the two who previously worked together on Macross Plus and Cowboy Bebop.[2]
I didn't know the year was '66 as I watched it... not until I just read this.
Again, from Wiki:
QUOTE The beginning of summer, 1966.
Because of his father's job situation, freshman high school student Kaoru Nishimi moves by himself from Yokosuka to Kyushu to live with relatives. Until then, Kaoru was an honor roll student who tended to keep to himself, but meeting notorious bad boy Sentaro Kawabuchi starts to change him. Through his devil-may-care classmate, Kaoru learns the attractions of jazz and finds the first person he can call a “friend.” He also discovers how much fun it is to play music with a pal.
Ok, I did wonder about the 'retro' glasses he wears, but I thought that was just his style.
unsure.gif

Odd that they already have the episode list there on Wikipedia as well, though:
QUOTE Kids on the Slope (坂道のアポロン Sakamichi no Apollon?, "Apollo on the Slope") is a Japanese manga series by Yuki Kodama. It has been adapted into an anime television series subtitled Kids on the Slope in 2012
Only 12 episodes, with the last one tonight, based on a manga series, and given the summation of the last episode on that Wiki page, this must be the end of the story, as it is a definite wrapup episode.

Worth a look, especially a listen as they are way too good for high school.
wink.gif

QUOTE (gdpetti @ Jun 28 2012, 05:22 PM) Kids on the Slope... very good. Seems the last episode is tonight in Japan, so a couple of days for the dub?
I hope you mean sub because there is no English dub for this show. Sentai Filmworks may dub it if it gets sales equivalent to say CLANNAD state side, but for a show like this, it's hard to say.

Yes, I meant subbed.

It's not the hip-hop of the other projects, but rather uses the (now) old-school jazz to make them seem 'hip'. Guess the music was 'hip' before 'hop' came around.
cool.gif
Either way, it's a nice take on the usual High School anime... dramatic with a jazz twist. Different as most of their projects are.

Hello everyone

I'm looking for something similar to Another and something like Welcome to the NHK.

I'd appreciate some interesting suggestions because i'm kind of stuck in a rut in finding some new animes and Another was the last one i saw.

Thanks !

QUOTE (stabwound @ Nov 04 2012, 02:55 PM) Hello everyone

I'm looking for something similar to Another and something like Welcome to the NHK.

I'd appreciate some interesting suggestions because i'm kind of stuck in a rut in finding some new animes and Another was the last one i saw.

Thanks !
Hum...do not expect any of the popular stuff from yours truly but ones I can recommend...
wink.gif

All of the Garden of Sinners movies
I will pm you the link as to where to find them. From the great folks who are the giants in all things Type Moon and FSN adventures.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/2593/Kara_no_...1:_Fukan_Fuukei
Next up:
Electromagnetic Girlfriend
http://myanimelist.net/anime/5177/Denpa_teki_na_Kanojo
Dark, spooky with murder mayhem and a great heroine.
You can also try:
Ghost Hound
Kemonozume

All of the Higurashi series. (I am planning to watch the first season)
Anyway, also try:
Sankarea
http://myanimelist.net/anime/11499/Sankarea
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
http://myanimelist.net/anime/12445/Tasogare_Otome_x_Amnesia

Good luck and am sure others will add to the list!
tongue.gif

QUOTE (stabwound @ Nov 04 2012, 02:55 PM) Hello everyone

Thanks !
For Another:
-Shiki
-Ghost Hound
-Mirai Nikki
-Umineko no Naku Koro ni
-Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
-Blood-C
-Gantz
-Elfen Lied
-Deadman Wonderland
-Le Portrait de Petit Cossette

For Welcome to the NHK:
-Genshiken
-Kujibiki Unbalance
-Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
-Kuragehime
-Serial Experiments Lain

If you want a combination of both with a little sci-fi thrown in, Steins;Gate is a good show to pick up as well. Paranoia Agent also falls in this category.

I should also note that not all recommendations are necessarily "good" shows. The may just satisfy the genre or common themes that you are looking for (e.g. Umineko and Blood-C)

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Nov 05 2012, 12:29 AM) If you want a combination of both with a little sci-fi thrown in, Steins;Gate is a good show to pick up as well. Paranoia Agent also falls in this category.
Well you could aways try out Robitics;Notes as well since it seems to be playing off of Stein;Gate as well. Granted it's not in direct continuity of the other but I think there maybe references from Stiens;Gate for it.
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back